Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:52 AM
Using Visual Studio 2010 report designer.
I currently have a non-grouped report as such:
Lesson # | Question # | Question Text
1 |1 | ~~~~~
2 |2 |~~~~~
I now want to add in the answer data, multiple answers per question, and have that data appear in detail rows below each question row, with answer row visibility toggled by clicking the question number.
Adding row groups wants to put the answer details to the right of the questions, not below. I have no idea what column groups are trying to do.
- Edited by Justin D Funk Thursday, February 07, 2013 12:53 AM
Friday, February 08, 2013 4:12 PM
- Add the new columns (answers) to your dataset.
- Group the table by the question column.
- Remove the newly added child column from the table (make sure you remove the column only not the associated group)
- Make sure the answers is in the detail row; but lesson, question and text columns are on the group. Move them if needed.
- Marked As Answer by Justin D Funk Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:52 PM
Sunday, February 10, 2013 1:52 PMIt seems that in the newer versions of the designer, this is the best that you can get, though it's not what I was looking for exactly. The grouping now makes the grouped by columns span the entire row set for the group, forcing you to have the details offset to the right. In the designer versions up to at least 2005, your detail rows could be directly below the grouped rows.