Friday, October 05, 2012 11:26 PM
I followed the steps below to uninstall SSRS and it worked. But now I need to reinstall SSRS and I followed step 1 & 2 but it's asking for install media. Since I didn't install the SSMS on this server and the actual databases are hosted on another server, how do I reinstall SSRS? or there are other means to reinstall SSRS.
- In Add/Remove programs
- Click the 'Uninstall/Change' button for "SQL Server 2008 R2"
- In the coming dialog, click 'Remove'
- Click 'OK'
- In the 'Select Instance' dialog, select the appropriate instance, and then click 'Next'
- In the 'Select Features' dialog, please only select 'Reporting Services'
- Then click 'Next' and 'Next' till the uninstalling process starting
Thanks in advance for your help.
Saturday, October 06, 2012 1:07 PM
You don't need the installation media to uninstall a component of SQL Server, but you will need the installation media to install one.
Hope this helps!
Shahfaisal Muhammed http://shahfaisalmuhammed.blogspot.com