Sunday, February 17, 2013 6:49 PM
what is the best way to integrate the ssrs-2012 reports into asp.net mvc4 website.
the problems we are facing are.
1. the reports are rendering very slow.
2. we need to execute some client scripts because the parameters are loaded according to the users choices.
eg : when region changes respective states should be shown.
3. I want like HTML5 features for accessing reports.
4. its everytime posting back to server whenever drop down changes and getting loading.
5. we need to integrate custom controls like dropdown with multiple checkboxes and group by feature.
we deployed the RDLS to the report server and accessing them using the reporting services from C#.
is there any best features that given for accessing ssrs- 2012 for HTML5 browsers ?
i googled it but I dont want to use ajax library. is there any partial rendering features that can only bring data instead of total definition ?
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:26 AM
Have you optimized your table/view with proper indexing? I have found that having indexes can improve performance significantly especially when you start dealing with many parameters and large queries. Make sure you have optimized your queries for the various parameters as well.
Also, because Reporting Services utilizes Cascading Parameters, postback does seem to occur whenever a parameter value is accessed or changed. Since you are using an ASP.NET MVC site, perhaps it may be best to actually have those parameters be populated and selected through the application instead of SSRS so that the parameters do not always have to act as a cascading parameter and perhaps asynch calls can be made instead. This way, once you have the parameters set, you just pass them to the report server as oppose to requiring it to handle the parameter selections.
Hope this helps!
- Marked As Answer by Mike YinMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Sunday, February 24, 2013 5:04 PM