Thursday, August 12, 2010 12:06 AM
I am using SSRS 2005.
I have a problem when I am exporting my report to Excel.
When exported to excel, I could see the table header on only the first page but not on all the pages. I have also checked the option "Repeat Header rows on New Page", but that didnt work.
I have googled out about this issue, but couldnt find exact answer.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:52 AMModerator
"Repeat header rows on each page" is designed to show the headers on each page when you view it through Report Server or Report Manager. So when you export your report to an excel sheet you cannot set the headers to be vissible in each page.
To work around the issue, you could do as following:
1. Drag a list control to your report body.
2. Right-click the list control to select properties.
3. Click Edit details group…button to type in the expression =Ceiling(RowNumber(Nothing)/5) 5 is the number of the columns you want to display in a row, here you could modify it to the value you want.
4. Click OK.
5. Right-click the table control, and then select Properties, select the checkbox of Insert a pagebreak after this table.
6. Drag the table control into the list control.
Preview the report, you will get there is only five rows in one page, of course you can reset the value to decide how many rows should be displayed per page. If you export the report into the excel, different pages will be displayed in different sheets. Every sheet has the table header.
Of course this is not a grace method just a workaround. Hope this helps.
Tuesday, July 31, 2012 3:55 PM
I have a similar issue that i'm not getting header section and tabilx header of reportbuilder on each page of excel sheet when we export from reportbuilder,its wroking fine in reportbuilder problem is when we export it to excel sheet
i enabled these things so far in my report
Advance mode,selecting static group of a row applied below properties,
in tabilx properties
enabled below settings
Repeat header row for each page
keep header visible while scrolling
still my is not resloved
please reply asap