Thursday, July 26, 2012 11:00 PM
I've created a report of labels with a parameter to select a school. I'm also trying to create a Sort parameter. The user should be able to choose to sort by Name or by Grade. If they choose Grade, it should sort by Grade then Name.
I've managed to get a 'Sort by' dropdown on the report, but when I select Grade it sorts by Name.
My labels are two Tablix side by side with "=iIF(Rownumber(nothing) mod 2 = 1, false, true)" on the Visibility properties to force the two columns to sort across instead of down.
Can someone please help me with this? Thank you very much!
Friday, July 27, 2012 6:37 AM
Does sorting by Name works? Check your parameter values, you may have given the same value (not label) for values of the parameter.
- Edited by irusulMicrosoft Community Contributor Friday, July 27, 2012 6:37 AM
Friday, July 27, 2012 6:02 PM
No, sorting by name does not work either. Possibly because of the two Tablix?
Thanks again for your help.
Thursday, August 02, 2012 12:45 PMModerator
Based on your scenario, we can sort the groups in your tablix. Besides, please note that only one sorting rule is applied to a group at one time, so it usually doesn't make sense to add multiple sorting rules to one group. Let's assume the parameter name is "Sort", and the "School" group is the parent group of the "Name" details group in each tablix. To achieve your goal, please follow the steps below:
- Right-click the "School" group from the groupin pane, open the "Group Properties" window.
- Click the "Sorting" tab, and modify the sorting as follows:
Sort by: =IIF(Parameters!Sort.Value="Name", Fields!Name.Value, Fields!Grade.Value) Order: A to Z
- Repeat the above two steps with the details group and use the same sorting expression.
- Repeat the above three steps with the other tablix.
If you have any questions, pleas feel free to let me known.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Mike YinMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Sunday, August 05, 2012 4:18 PM