Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:05 PM
Sql 2008 Standard SP3 ( 10.0.5512 ) . When trying to print a Reporting Services report, the print client wants to download every time. The RSClientprint.dll is the same version on the server and the client machine. I have run the browser as an admin and installed the print client, but still wants to download again. This is very similar to the SP2 issue that CU3 was supposed to fix, but I would think that being on SP3 I would have the fixes included in CU3. I have deleted the files from Windows\Downloaded Program Files , allowed the install but it still wants to download every time.
Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:31 AMModerator
Based on the current information, the issue may occur if the rsclientprint.dll is not registerred properly or the user doesn't has sufficient pemissions on the Downloaded Program Files folder. Here, I suggest that you refer to the following steps:
1. On the report server machine, navigate to the <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.<instance name>\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin folder.
2. Extract the rsclientprint.cab by double-clicking on it, you would find the following files:
3. Copy the above files to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder on the client machine.
4. Run the command prompt as administrator, and register the rsclientprint.dll by using the following commands:
cd C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
5. We would now see a pop up stating the dll is registered successfully.
6. Grant the "Write" permission on the “Downloaded Program Files” folder to the logon user on the client machine. The detailed steps are described in the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308419#4
Hope this helps.
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Mike YinMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Sunday, December 02, 2012 5:53 PM