Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:48 AM
Scenario: two column table looks likes this:
Want to create 3 pdf files ( 1.pdf, 3.pdf, 4.pdf based on first column value) where, for example, 1.pdf contains
That is all records where the first column is 1 (as in 1.pdf). Similarly 3.pdf will contain one record and 4.pdf will have 2 records.
Can SSRS does this task or am I going about it wrong?
- Edited by edm2 Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:50 AM
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:03 AMIt is possible , you need to add a list control and group by id ... Sorry, cannot test it right now.
Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/
MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
MS SQL Blog: Large scale of database and data cleansing
Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
Wednesday, January 30, 2013 2:06 AMModerator
Thanks for your post.
You can try to create a Data Driven subscription and export the reports to three different PDF file based on the parameter value, for example, column1 in the table.
(Note: The Evaluation, Developer, or Enterprise edition of SQL Server is required for Data Driven subscription.)
Please refer to the following steps:
1. Create a report with a parameter “column1”. The available values of the parameter are retrieved distinct values from the column1 in table.
2. Deploy the report to Report Server and specify the data source connection with stored credentials.
3. Create a sample a subscriber database and create a table to store the subscription data. For example, you can create a table with three columns: filename, format and parameter.
4. Create a Data Driver subscription. In delivery options page, specify the “File name” and “Render Format” with the values in the table created above and specify the parameter values with “parameter”.
For more details steps, please refer to the tutorial:
Creating a Data-Driven Subscription
If you have any feedback on our support, please click here .
TechNet Community Support