Wednesday, June 13, 2012 3:32 AM
I found inconsistencies between two databases. Both of these databases are web synced with one master database at same time same schedule. Noticed that they have different row counts for several tables. As master database is 150Gb and 1000Km away from replicated databases, I am trying to avoid any reinitialisation between master database and replicated databases. May I know if there are any way to verify master copy database with replicated databases. I want make sure that replicated databases are same as master database. Thanks.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 4:21 AMModerator
How off are the row counts?
You can Validate Replicated Data to find out how out of sync it is.
Identify the rows that are out of sync using tablediff utility or Red Gate SQL Data Compare or by some other means.
Perform dummy updates on these rows in the database in which they do exist using sp_mergedummyupdate to force the rows to replicate.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:11 AMHow do I do tablediff from subscriber. I can't access master database as it sits in another company 1000Km away. I can only do it at subscriber side.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:51 AMModerator
How did you identify the row counts are off if you can't access the master database?
If you cannot access the master database and/or recent backups then you will have no way to identify the missing rows. Reinitialization would be the only other option.
If you can access the master database then you can run queries on the Subscriber and Publisher or use tablediff utility to identify rows that are out of sync. Then perform dummy updates as needed to send missing rows.
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:00 PMI have a prod server and a dev server all web synced to one master database. I found two servers are having different row counts. After talking to the guy at master database side and confirmed missing several rows. This happened to be the same time snapshot was created at master database side. Not sure what happened but I am suspecting that changes to the database not being captured while snapshoting the master database. Not being able to touch master database but want to see if I can do anything at subscriber to have the sync validated. I ran sp_mergedummyupdate yesterday with no errors at subscriber side. However, after sync the row suppose to be on master db was not being inserted at subscriber.