Thursday, April 26, 2012 12:23 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:55 PMModerator
1) no, this will not work as this controls future snapshot creation. It will not move the existing snapshot files.
2) For the dynamic snapshot folder locations you can specify this in the job itself.
3) I would not change the snapshot location as this will force a reinitialization, but you can change the dynamic job locations on the fly.
4) Yes, I normally zip them up and apply them on the subscriber using the -dynamicsnapshotlocation parameter of replmerge.
5) If you only worry about new dynamic jobs you will not need to move the original snapshot folder location.
looking for a book on SQL Server 2008 Administration? http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Server-2008-Management-Administration/dp/067233044X looking for a book on SQL Server 2008 Full-Text Search? http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Full-Text-Search-Server-2008/dp/1430215941
Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:06 PM
Thank you for your reply. Just to make sure I've understood you correctly, if (on the publisher/distributor) I modify the -DynamicSnapshotLocation parameter for each data partition in 'Job Step Properties - Run Agent' as below, the dynamic snapshot will be created in the new location when the job is next run. Will I need to change the snapshot location properties on each subscriber or does IIS get the dynamic snapshot location from the distributor when using web-sync?
-Publisher [XXXXXXXXX] -PublisherDB [XXXXDb] -Distributor [XXXXXXX] -Publication [XXXXDb_Pub] -ReplicationType 2 -DistributorSecurityMode 1 -DynamicFilterHostName  -DynamicSnapshotLocation [D:\SQL\ReplData\unc\XXXXXXX_XXXXDB_XXXXDB_PUB\12_5\] -PartitionId 5
- Edited by TSD123 Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:32 PM