Thursday, June 21, 2012 1:40 PM
Every time I open a PowerPivot v2 workbook out of SharePoint in Excel I get the message in the picture.
Has anybody an idea how to fix it?
P.s.: Even if I click OK I can work with the workbook and start PowerPivot out of it. But why this message? Is it a bug?
Saturday, June 23, 2012 4:57 PM
To solve this problem you should do the following:
- Un-install the PowerPivot add-in
- Rename the folder c:\Program files\Microsoft Analysis Services
- Restart your computer
- Re-install the PowerPivot add-in
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 7:18 AM
thanks for your answer. What do you mean by "2. Rename the folder?"
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:36 AM
Rename the folder "Microsoft Analysis Services" into something like "Microsoft Analysis Services OLD" just for backup.
You wont need it anymore, you can also delete it.
- Edited by irusulMicrosoft Community Contributor Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:36 AM
Friday, June 29, 2012 7:36 AM
Okay, I´ll try it :)
---- doesnt work!
- Edited by fabulous_sql2012 Friday, June 29, 2012 8:28 AM
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 7:12 AMany other idea?
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:32 PM
Did you install VSTO?
You have to install PowerPivot 2012 in this order:
- .Net Framework 4.0
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools of Office Runtime
- PowerPivot 2012 for Excel
Please make sure to remove the previous installations of PowerPivot by uninstalling and also deleteing the folder as explained in my first reply.
- Edited by irusulMicrosoft Community Contributor Wednesday, July 04, 2012 6:18 AM
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 9:17 PM
If the user's machine is up to date on Windows Updates, please install the latest PowerPivot Tools located at:
1. Remove any previous Microsoft SQL Server PowerPivot for Excel installations
3. Install the new version from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074
After installing the latest version and as soon as you open a PowerPivot document, it may ask you to upgrade the PowerPivot document to the latest PowerPivot Document, please test first before using on any production report or PowerPivot document.
Give it a try
Ricardo Fuentes A+ MCP MCDST MCTS MCITP