Discussions relating to importing data, building relationships, and using DAX within the PowerPivot window.
Fix for PowerPivot November CTP Expiration Released
The PowerPivot team is pleased to report that the fix for the November CTP expiration issue has been released. We know many of you have been eagerly awaiting this fix since last week when the PowerPivot for Excel add-in expired. We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.
We have released a new version of the November CTP for the PowerPivot for Excel add-in. This new version is functionally identical to the old one except that it extends the expiration date to end of the year. You can download it from the same locations as in the past:
Please note that the new version will take some time to replicate across all servers in the Microsoft download center. If you download it from the above links and still get the expiration error message, then try again periodically. It might also help to clear any browser/download caches on your computer.
PowerPivot Beta will not work with released versions of Excel, Sharepoint 2010 and others. Pls read!!
If PowerPivot for Excel 2010, Excel 2010, SharePoint 2010, or the Reporting Services Addin for SharePoint 2010 are beta versions, PowerPivot and its related functionality will not work with the Released versions of these components.
The beta versions of the components listed above are not compatible with the released versions of these components. If the beta versions of the components are installed, they will not function with the released versions. For example, if you have a beta version of the PowerPivot download installed and upgrade to the released version of Excel 2010, the PowerPivot addin will not be available in Excel.
The solution is to upgrade the beta components to their released versions when they become available.
PowerPivot for Excel 2010 November CTP Expired
If you are running the November 2009 CTP version of the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in, your add-in expired on April 1st. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
The SQL Server team will re-release the November 2009 CTP version of the PowerPivot for Excel 2010 add-in with an extended expiration date very soon. We will post an availability announcement with the download location and installation instructions on the PowerPivot blogs and forums as soon as possible.
SQL Server Analysis Services
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 06rrailey 38 minutes ago
- 010Sakura Data 58 minutes ago
- 041nf75 5 hours 35 minutes ago
- 154Markus Nöbauer 17 hours 59 minutes ago
- 2192M. Shparber Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:57 AM
- 1131BenzaneMicrosoft EmployeeFriday, May 17, 2013 7:03 PM
- 2131the_txeriff Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:55 PM
- 1100Radu Seserman Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:19 PM
- 2104Balaji raju Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:57 AM
- 1185Grace Bite Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:23 AM
- 5376Henry Gabryjelski - MSFTMicrosoft EmployeeThursday, April 18, 2013 7:33 AM
- 090reachnasir Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:58 AM
- 4114Matthaeus W Wednesday, May 15, 2013 7:22 PM
- 090Silver_A Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:49 PM
- 1103rv7a99cv Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:44 PM
- 35158chenthorn Sunday, June 05, 2011 7:59 PM
- 092sudipta.2.ghosh Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:48 PM
- 188AmolRajmane Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:56 AM
- 0112Jon Larkin Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:14 PM
- 2124William3281 Monday, May 13, 2013 4:38 PM