Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:01 AM
I have been trying to install PowerPivot Add-In to Excel 2007 but somehow I am unable to find out the right link.
I am on Windows XP, 32 Bit and having Microsoft Office 2007. Could you please confirm:
- Can we install PowerPivot Add-In on Windows XP, 32 Bit?
- Is SQL Server mandatory to have on my machine to install PowerPivot?
Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:18 AM
1) Yes, Windows XP with SP3 32 bit is supported for PowerPivot, see http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29074#system-requirements
2) No, SQL Server is not mandatory, it's completly independed of it.
But to use PowerPivot local to create/modify PowerPivot workbooks you need MS Excel 2010, Excel 2007 is not supported, only as "frontend" to view PivotTable of a PowerPivot workbook hosted in SharePoint, see PowerPivot for Excel => Excel Version Requirements
Saturday, July 21, 2012 6:52 AMModerator
PowerPivot is supported just on the latest version of Excel 2010. So, We must use Excel 2010 to get full access to all PowerPivot features. For more information, please refer to the articles below:
PowerPivot for Excel: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee210644(v=sql.105).aspx
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 - PowerPivot for Microsoft Excel 2010: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7609
TechNet Community Support
- Marked As Answer by Elvis LongMicrosoft Contingent Staff, Moderator Monday, July 23, 2012 11:11 AM