Friday, March 12, 2010 5:55 PMI have tried to install the adventure works DB by downloading AdventureWorks2008_SR4. I double clicked this file it unzipped the files then opened a database selection window. Unfortunatly next to the AdventureWorks OLTP 2008 it said "Filestream not enabled" so does not give me the option to select it and install it. Other databases are "Ready to Install"
However I have set file stream to "Full Access Enabled" and I have restarted the instance. SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher is also running. I am running Vista.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:52 AMModerator
Please follow these steps to enable FILESTREAM and Full-Text Search before installing AdventureWorks2008 sample databases.
· Enable FILESTREAM
1. Open SQL Server Configuration Manager from Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2008/Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, point to Configuration Tools;
2. Select SQL Server Services, and then double click SQL Server (instance_name) to open in the right pane SQL Server (instance_name) Properties;
3. Click FILESTREAM, make the "Enable FILESTREAM for Transact-SQL access" item checked, you can also make the other two items selected too.
· Enable Full-Text Search
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft SQL Server 2008, point to Configuration Tools, and then click SQL Server Configuration Manager.
2. In the left pane, click SQL Server Services.
3. In the list of services, right-click SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher for the instance that you are configuring, and then click Properties.
4. Click the Service tab.
5. Next to Start Mode, click Disabled, and then click Automatic in the list that appears.
6. Click OK.
7. Right-click SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher for the instance that you are configuring, and then click Start.
After enabling FILESTREAM and Full-Text Search, you’d better restart SQL Server services.
Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
- Marked As Answer by Alex Feng (SQL)Moderator Sunday, March 21, 2010 12:13 PM
Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:10 PM
I followed Gails procedure (only because it was the first reply). It was the same as yours except instead of enabling the full text search after enabling the filestream he suggests:
6. Click New Query and in the query editor run the following code:
EXEC sp_configure filestream_access_level, 1
7. It will prompt you to run RECONFIGURE again. Select the RECONFIGURE statement and click Execute.
For all I know it does the same thing in a different way. - I was doing that scarey thing of following steps that I did not understand!! Please let me know if you think I should still enable full text search (and why).
Wednesday, April 07, 2010 5:05 PMModeratorYes, it won't hurt to enable Full Text Search and yes, these two Filestream operations basically do the same thing.
Please click the Mark as Answer button if a post solves your problem!