Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:42 PM
My Question is
My Database size is 1 terabyte,
Fullback every sunday
Differential Backup every 6 hours
Transactional log back up every 15 mints
My Database is Wednesday 9.30 Am Crashed.How will recover & What are the steps?
Please tell me.
Saturday, March 02, 2013 4:55 PMAnswerer
The basic outline for this would be full->latest diff->all tran logs.
1. Backup the tail of the log if possible.
2. Restore the latest full backup with no recovery
3. Restore the latest differential with no recovery
4. Restore all log files from the differential time period to the last log file (not counting the tail backup taken) with no recovery
5. Restore the tail of teh log backup taken with recovery
Sunday, March 03, 2013 4:01 PMModerator
Here are some additional thoughts:
Monday, March 04, 2013 4:59 PM
give me timing details please sean Gallardy
Monday, March 04, 2013 5:05 PM
1. restore fullbackup with no recovery
2. Restore very last Diff backup b4 the crash with no recovery
3. Restore all log backup after the very last Diff backup with no recovery( up to 9.00)
4. if DB cashed at 9.30 i assume you may not have 9.30 backup then Restore the very last backup (backup @9.15) with recovery
Hope this helps
Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
Monday, March 04, 2013 5:23 PMAnswerer
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:49 PM
hi sean .,
Can u specific time for senario please
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 4:52 PM
Restore timing strongly depends on your hardware : storage, network, tape, etc.
You'll have to test it on your own servers.
Sebastian Sajaroff Senior DBA Pharmacies Jean Coutu