Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:14 PMOwner
SQL Server 2012 SP1 Cumulative Update 2 includes new functionality that simplifies the backup and restore capability of an on-premises SQL Server database to Windows Azure. You can now directly create a backup to Windows Azure Storage using SQL Server Native Backup functionality.
- View the Blog Post to get an overview
- View the Getting Started Tutorial
- Read this article to understand the concepts and view script samples
- Review Best Practices and troubleshooting tips
- For more information about the recovery options, see Buck Woody's blog post, Microsoft Windows Azure Disaster Recovery Options for On-Premises SQL Server
Karthika Raman, MSFT Technical Writer
Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager
Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!
Monday, February 04, 2013 10:59 PM
Hi Ed/ Karthika,
You might also want to consider adding my good friend, Mr. Buck Woody's recent blog post to your list (its a corker):
Regards,Contact me through (twitter|blog|SQLCloud)
Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem
or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you
Watch my sessions at the PASS Summit 2012
Tuesday, February 05, 2013 6:28 PMOwner
Buck seems to be a good friend to us too. He's pretty good at that. =^)
We agree. Thank you for sharing; I added it! I'll let Buck know.
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:00 AM