Any questions or discussions relating to the SQL Server Database Engine, performance, features, Full-text Search, linked servers, etc.
SQL Server 2008 SP1 released
Service Pack 1 for SQL Server 2008 is now available for customers. The Service pack is available via download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/default.aspx and is primarily a roll-up of previous cumulative updates, quick fix engineering updates and minor fixes made in response to requests reported through the SQL Server community. While there are no new features in this service pack, customers running SQL Server 2008 should download and install SP1 to take advantage of the fixes which increase supportability and stability of SQL Server 2008.
Customers have no reason to wait to upgrade to SQL Server 2008 and many are already taking advantage of SQL Server 2008 as a smart IT investment. In fact, there have been over 3 million downloads of SQL Server 2008 since the RTM in August. With this Service pack, Microsoft is introducing 80% fewer changes to customer configurations compared to previous SQL Server Service Pack releases. This remarkable decrease is a testament to a revised product development process and updated servicing strategy that is focused on ease of deployment while keeping customer environments stable.
With this service pack, Microsoft has made investments to ease deployment and make management of service packs more efficient. Key improvements in SP1 include Slipstream, Service Pack Uninstall and Report Builder 2.0 click-once deployment.
· Slipstream allows administrators to install SQL Server 2008 and Service Pack 1 in a single instance. This decreases the total time for an installation, including a fewer number of reboots thereby increasing productivity and deployment availability.
· Service Pack Uninstall allows administrators to uninstall the service pack separately from the database release. This feature also improves DBA productivity, reduces the cost of deployment and improves overall supportability
· Report Builder 2.0 Click Once improves the existing SQL Server end-user report authoring application by easing deployment to business users
To download the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, please click here.
For more information on SQL Server 2008, please click here.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 04pscorca 4 minutes ago
Error: 17066, Severity: 16, State: 1. (Params:). The error is printed in terse mode because there was error during formatting. Tracing, ETW, notifications etc are skipped.mito access Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:09 AM
- 739SQL24 1 hour 18 minutes ago
- 754ShivaniGoyal 5 hours 17 minutes ago
- 132kalimidi 2 hours 4 minutes ago
- 864Naveen550 3 hours 43 minutes ago
- 471SLNSH 19 hours 21 minutes ago
- 252SPFriend 7 hours 56 minutes ago
- 235sakurai_db 6 hours 28 minutes ago
- 553SPFriend 11 hours 10 minutes ago
- 356SPFriend 12 hours 23 minutes ago
- 350gusosa 13 hours 19 minutes ago
- 591RoyalM 23 hours 40 minutes ago
- 9148Andrew Stewart NZ Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:41 AM
- 493SQL Insane 17 hours 40 minutes ago
- 271LouatMonaco Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:52 PM
- 779jdyoumans 18 hours 1 minutes ago
- 787pscorca Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:25 AM
- 14140Tom Molskow Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:51 PM
- 166SLNSH 18 hours 45 minutes ago