Monday, February 11, 2013 11:23 AM
application users are not able to connect the database.How to check if server is pining and accessibility
Of the server also normal? please suggest me some possible causes.
Monday, February 11, 2013 11:46 AM
Is SQL Server running?
What error message(s) are users receiving can be helpful in determining it's causes.
Monday, February 11, 2013 5:50 PMUse the SQL Server Configuration Manager program (which is always installed with SQL Server) to see if the database engine is started.
Rick Byham, Microsoft, SQL Server Books Online, Implies no warranty
Monday, February 11, 2013 8:53 PM
Please sahre the error messages you are getting.
Although, There are many reasons of SQL server connectivity issue. Small checklist that helps to find out the real cause of connectivity issue.
1. Check SQL services are running
2. Check SQL Browser service is running
3. Check remote connections are enabled
4. Network connectivity between database & application servers by TRACERT command
5. Check TCP/IP protocol enabled at SQL server
6. Check talent connectivity – telnet <IP address> <port no on SQL server running>
7. Check UDP port 1434 is open or not on SQL Server
8. Check firewall is running or not Check
9. If firewall running, SQL Server & UDP port must be added in exception in firewall
This posting is provided with no warranties and confers no rights.
Please remember to click Mark as Answer and Vote as Helpful on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.