Friday, June 13, 2008 9:19 AMhow to rename table name in sql?
i trid as like
rename table table_name to new_table_name
but this raises an error
Friday, June 13, 2008 5:21 PM
Try sp_rename:Code Snippet
sp_rename 'old_table_name', new_table_name'
Sunday, June 29, 2008 5:34 PM
Once table name is renamed, please ensure you recompile your objects (SP, Trigger, View, Function), the ones that are using this Table, with the new name
- Proposed As Answer by peddi suryaBanned Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:49 AM
Thursday, March 19, 2009 8:25 PMhi friend u can rename ur table from left side object explorer
first of all click on database and expand this then click on ur database name so u can c ur table name , after right click on that table name whose u want to rename
and click on rename option from ur right click pop menu
ok take care bye
Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:34 AMI guess your answer is useless
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:44 PM
IT'S VERY SIMPLE TO RENAME THE TABLE SEE BELOW
SP_RENAME 'EXIST TABLE NAME ','NEW TABLE NAME'
- Proposed As Answer by NISHA BALWATKAR Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:04 AM
Tuesday, September 27, 2011 11:04 AMThis worked. Thank you very much.
Friday, December 02, 2011 5:34 AM
Friday, December 02, 2011 5:59 AM
I am explaining the answer in steps by steps so it is very easy to understand for freshers.
- First select the the table you want to rename in Server Explorer.
- Right click with mouse on the the table and then select New Query.
- It will show all tables in the small window and select the table you want to rename and then close.
- A query is written in the bottom. Delete it and just write your required query.
Delete the select query and write sp_rename 'oldtablename','newtablename'
By taking the example of upper table the query would be
Hope this answer help all the seekers for this question.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:39 AM
sp_RENAME 'Table_First.Name', 'NameChange' , 'COLUMN'
sp_RENAME 'Table_First', 'Table_Last'
Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote
Thursday, August 02, 2012 6:07 PMActually, Bulandraza's option is valid. I use it all the time.
- Edited by vnns Thursday, August 02, 2012 6:09 PM