Friday, August 17, 2012 11:24 AM
I am working with SSAS R2. I have created SSAS Cube for two mesure group
i.e. GroupMeasure 1
-- abc cost
-- efg cost
-- ghi total hrs
Group Measure 2
-- OPQ Cost
-- RST Cost
-- XYZ Hrs
But I want to add both are in single Measure Group Like
Associated Measure Group
-- abc cost_GroupMeasure 1
-- RST Cost_GroupMeasure 2
-- ghi total hrs_GroupMeasure 1
-- XYZ Hrs_GroupMeasure 2
So please let me know any idia or solution to create this...How I create Single Measure Group Upoun two Different Measure Group in SSAS?
Friday, August 17, 2012 12:42 PM
If you want to do this so that the measures are presented in a single measure group when the users connect, you can do the following ...
- Do not expose the base measures (abc cost, efg cost, ghi total hrs, OPQ Cost, RST Cost, XYX Hrs) - so do not select them in the perspective.
- Expose the measures as calculated measures only. So you do select them in the perspective.
CREATE MEMBER CURRENTCUBE.[Measures].[RST Cost_GroupMeasure 2] AS [Measures].[RST Cost], ASSOCIATED_MEASURE_GROUP='Associated Measure Group';
The measure group they are associated with must exist, but it does not need to be GroupMeasure 1 or GroupMeasure 2
Friday, August 17, 2012 1:06 PM
Please make this changes,
- Open the Data Source View by double clicking it in the Solution Explorer.
- Then right click on the design area and then select New Named Query
- Edit the query as below
- Above query gives you new measure group which is a Associated Measure Group