Friday, January 20, 2012 9:38 PMHi. A couple of hours ago I impersonated a member of my reader role and could see all facts and dims. I know my peer redeployed since then but for the life of me I cant see why suddenly my readers cant look at facts. They can look at dims. I even deleted the role and readded it to no avail. I have what I think are the correct items checked for read permission. Does anybody have any ideas? My peer and I are admins so we have no problems. My readers are getting #N/A in the fact cells and I forget how to see more detail than that about an error.
Friday, January 20, 2012 10:39 PM
This gets better. When we deploy the same solution to a different server, my readers can read facts on that server's copy of the cube. The second server may be R2, I have to check. The first is not R2. The peer who is deploying has R2 installed on his workstation and developed the solution on that workstation.
We did a quick experiment and made sure the target server's version was chosen as 10.0 instead of 10.5. But readers still cant read facts after we deploy.
We run std 2008 and as you can see we have R2 in the picture sometimes.
- Edited by db042188 Friday, January 20, 2012 10:39 PM spelling
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 2:43 PMfor some reason when my peer unclicked "Enable read permissions" on the Cell Data tab of our Readers role , the permissions were right. But he only did this in the non R2 environment. Somehow the R2 environment seems fine with it clicked. A little confusing.