Learn, discuss, ask questions about Spec Explorer. Spec Explorer is a model-based testing tool that runs as an add-in to Visual Studio. Please participate freely and help us make the Spec Explorer experience even better!
Brand New Release! Spec Explorer 2010 3.5 now available
Hello! We are delighted to announce the newest version of Spec Explorer 2010, Release 3.5.
This release contains new / enhanced features including:
· Model change detecting: The model change detecting feature detects all model changes and decides if Spec Explorer needs to re-explore the model. For specific machines, if Spec Explorer detects any change in the model code, cord script files, or other inputs, or detects a tool version change, Spec Explorer will start a new exploration; otherwise, Spec Explorer will use existing exploration result files for current exploration viewing, test code generation, and user customized post processing. The UI has been updated to allow you to force Spec Explorer to re-explore the machines. This feature greatly improves the user experience by preventing unneeded lengthy validation and exploration events, which frequently happened in previous versions.
· Multiple machine processing: Now you can select multiple machines in Exploration Manager and explore, generate test code, or perform post processing tasks on them. For multiple machine processing, Spec Explorer generates a summary including all information of the batch-processing.
· Cord context menu: Spec Explorer adds a new context menu item “Go To Definition” in the Cord editor, which enables users to navigate to specific configurations and machines. This is part of an ongoing effort to improve the Cord editing user experience and the general integration of the tool with Visual Studio.
We hope you enjoy this release and look forward to hearing feedback from the Spec Explorer community.
This Forum Has Been Retired
Have your say with the Spec Explorer User Survey!Rob DuWors Thursday, May 06, 2010 9:42 PMHello Spec Explorers: We seek to gain a better idea of the Spec Explorer community and who is using the tool for what. We aim to bring you the best tool ever and your help will greatly appreciated if you could take a minute to fill in the Spec Explorer User Survey. With thanks, The Spec Explorer Team.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 1114551Nico KicillofMicrosoft EmployeeWednesday, March 31, 2010 9:07 PM
- 017645Rob DuWors Monday, October 26, 2009 4:55 AM
- 11170Johannes-V Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:29 AM
- 11027Dharma11 Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:06 AM
- 101181Dharma11 Wednesday, November 07, 2012 4:07 PM
- 1942uwe81 Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:59 AM
- 21004Dharma11 Tuesday, November 13, 2012 3:40 PM
- 55381OneQuestionAtATime Wednesday, January 27, 2010 11:44 PM
- 11638g17610 Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:45 PM
- 21535Dev__Null Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:42 PM
- 85522Xiaoxing Zhu Friday, June 18, 2010 12:19 AM
- 11589Dong Su Tuesday, August 28, 2012 5:07 PM
- 31364lzh_ing Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:09 PM
- 01436DonBaechtel Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:37 AM
- 01508DonBaechtel Saturday, September 08, 2012 1:35 AM
- 11649DonBaechtel Friday, August 17, 2012 2:47 PM
- 11559lzh_ing Tuesday, August 21, 2012 2:41 AM
- 31660Dharma11 Saturday, August 18, 2012 1:30 AM
- 01420Lance from AZ Monday, August 20, 2012 4:41 PM
- 31586Dharma11 Thursday, August 16, 2012 3:30 PM
- 66394Anne2009 Thursday, December 10, 2009 4:59 PM
- 41853Vivek.Vishal Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:22 PM