How can other test coverage's (beside transition and requirement coverage) be implemented in specExplorer?
Saturday, September 10, 2011 11:30 AM
Beside the “Transition Coverage” (Chinese postman) and “Requirement Coverage”, is there any possibility to select other test coverage’s like:
1) State Coverage: Cover every state in every state chart for basic test generation
2) Condition Coverage: Cover both “true” and “false” case of if’s and similar conditional constructs for basic test generation
3) Switch Coverage: Cover every combination of the entry and exit transitions of all states for extended test generation
4) Atomic Condition Coverage: for Boolean connectives, cover all combinations of left and right truth values for extended test generation
5) Boundary Value Analysis: for comparisons of integer values, cover boundary conditions for extended test generation
6) Method Coverage: Cover every method declared for extra structural traceability
7) Statement Coverage: Cover every statement for extra structural traceability
8) Transition All Paths: Cover all arbitrarily long distinct paths through transitions for exhaustive test generation
9) Control Flow All Paths: Cover all arbitrarily long control flow pathsfor exhaustive test generation
Are there samples or code examples available?
Tuesday, September 13, 2011 1:42 PMModerator
Our traversal algorithm is based on "transition coverage" and we plan to provide more in the future. However, you can implement your own testing strategy by using Dynamic Traversal, for more details, please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/microsoft.specexplorer.dynamictraversal.
Generally speaking, by using Dynamic Traversal, you can customize the traversal strategy and execute the test directly.