Monday, April 30, 2012 9:00 AM
Recently i have started using Microsoft solver, and i am having some difficulties.
My domain problem is as follows:
I want to assemble computer from different components(CPU, Motherboard, Memory ,Hard drive, etc… )
1. Each component can be bought from different vendors(HP,ASUS,INTEL, etc..)
2. Each vendor has some or all the components(I need to minimize the number of different vendors).
3. I want to find which Vendor to buy from for each component(an IntegerRange(0,1) decision)
4. Each vendor is also a decision variable- IntegerRange(0,1)
5. Each Vendor has Rating that ranges between 1-5.
6. Each assembled computer has rank according to the following:
40% is 1 divided by the Total Price.
30% is 1 divided by the number of different Vendors
30% is the average Vendors rating of the assembled computer
Remark: The reason i divide 1 by Total Price is that the rank is in inverse proportion to the Total Price and also to the number of different Vendors
For example: i choose to buy CPU from INTEL- costs 100$ , Motherboard from
ASUS- costs 70$.
. INTEL is rated 5, and ASUS is 4.
TotalPrice is 170$, NumberOfDifferentVendors = 2, VendorRating =
(4+5)/2 = 4.5
Rank = 0.4 * (1/TotalPrice) + 0.3 * (1/NumberOfDifferentVendors) +
0.3 * VendorsRating
Rank = 0.4 * (1/170) + 0.3 * (1/2) + 0.3 * 4.5 = 1.502353
7. The price is not on the same scale as rating, (maybe you have suggestions how to handle it).
8. I need to find several best ranked assembled computers according to formula described above.
i.e- for example: find the 5 most minimized rank assembled computers .
Is there a reasonable solution for this, which can be solved with MFS or other products?
I highly appreciate your answers.