Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:04 PM
I see dozens of posts on multiple forums regarding this problem but I've not yet found a solution. I believe that I have tried all referenced troubleshooting tips.
I can not run any of the MS-Office Training videos such as those listed at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/excel-skills-builderlearn-how-to-create-spreadsheets-and-workbooks-use-formulas-and-perform-data-analysis-FX102592909.aspx?WT.mc_id=eml_enus_RM-ExcelSkillsBuilder_GetFreeButton
- Dell XPS Studio I7 with 6GB installed memory
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (and all other current updates)
- 581GB hard drive with >300GB currently Available
- Silverlight 5 installed now (upgraded from Silverlight 4 as a part of troubleshooting)
- Java 6 (most current production release available)
- IE9 (with latest updates)
Thing that I have done/checked:
- Upgraded to Silverlight 5 (by uninstalling Silverlight 4 and then installing SL5)
- Verified current Java version installed
- Verified that ActiveX filtering and Tracking Protection are NOT on
- Switched from hardware to software rendering
- Switched to compatibility view
- Verified that I CAN get videos on other websites (e.g. YouTube, Netflix, Amazon)
- Tried FireFox
- Disabled McAfee
- ...and probably a few more things that I can't recall at the moment
Thanks for any suggestions or assistance.
Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:14 PM
Hey i tried your link in google chrome, and after installing some automated asked plugin, it works fine. please try..
Sunday, February 12, 2012 12:50 PM
It does NOT work with Google Chrome either. I tried again now just to be sure.
BTW: I have also created a new administrator account on my computer for the purposes of troubleshooting this problem. It did not work within that environment either.
Monday, February 13, 2012 9:29 PMModerator
Silverlight 5 installed now (upgraded from Silverlight 4 as a part of troubleshooting)
Please try the tool mentioned in below page to clean up the silverlight installation and reinstall.
Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:48 PM
Hey man I hope your solution is the same as mine, if not sorry to have wasted your time. But I wient round and round with this same issue. Then i created the same enviroment off my corporate netowrk. Guess what it worked. Problem seems to be related to web filters/firewall. Disable all temp (if you can) and voila!