Tuesday, August 07, 2012 12:53 PM
I'm trying to build an app for SharePoint 2013 in Visual Studio 2012.
Therefore I need a Custom List with a Custom List Instance.
If I try to deploy the List Definition and the List Instance in a Feature to my Developer Site,
there is an error saying: "Error occured in deployment step 'Install App for SharePoint': Failed to install App for SharePoint"
Unfortunately there is no further information given.
How can I fix this ?
Thanks in advance.
- Moved by Robert BreitenhoferMicrosoft Contingent Staff Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:39 PM English instead German (From:Für Entwickler: SharePoint)
Tuesday, August 07, 2012 4:48 PM
I haven't tried it yet but have you looked at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp179936(v=office.15).aspx
They make it look straight forward.
MCPD: SharePoint Developer 2010
Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please mark as answer or helpful as appropriate
- Marked As Answer by Güntux Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:13 PM
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:25 AM
Just as a question, have to tried to remove the list instance and manualy add the list from the deployed definition? I'm just wondering if the List Instance has its own custom schema? SharePoint 2013 handles the adding of lists differently so it may be part of the problem.
Gary Newman MCSE, MCT, CCNA MCDBA, MCAD, MCSA MCTS SharePoint 2007 Dev & Admin MCPD SharePoint 2010 Development My Blog www.sharepoint2010now.com
Wednesday, August 08, 2012 12:16 PM
Thank you very much!
It works so far! :-)
But attention: You are not allowed to set the "Name" of the Field same as the "DisplayName" of the Field.
(exception: Title and LinkTitle -- from system)
-> if you do so, the same error occurs!
Friday, December 07, 2012 7:27 AM
I am trying to add a List Definition using VS 2012 to SharePoint 2013 RTM,
- the List Definition is not showing up in the site contents--> add app?
- also if i add a list instance, it doesn't have the "List Settings" in the Ribbon? Is it a permission issue?
- Edited by SRG2012 Friday, December 07, 2012 7:28 AM