Wednesday, July 07, 2010 4:05 PM
I am trying to create a Data View Web Part on a page under a Sub Site using Sharepoint Designer. The Data Web Part must display a set of documents from a Document Library that exists in Top level Site.
I took the following steps.
1. Insert Data View Web Part
2. 'Connect to another library ....' and pointed to the Top Level Site.
3. Under 'Data Source Library' -> Top Level Site, selected 'Shared Documents' library and clicked on 'Show Data'.
4. Under 'Data Source Details', added the column 'Name' to the Data View Web Part.
5. All the files and folders part of 'Shared Documents' showed up in the 'Data View Web Part'.
6. Now under 'Common Data View Tasks', if I try 'Filter' or 'Sort and Group' options, I am getting error message 'The list that is referenced here no longer exists'.
If I ignore the error and proceed with setting up a 'Filter', I am not getting any results if I set 'Path' filter value to a 'Folder' within 'Document Library' (This feature works fine if the data source is from the same site). I tried few other filter options and they work fine.
I am not sure how to resolve this error. Are there limitations to DVWP options when connecting to a List/Library existing in a different site (than the page with DVWP) under the same site collection ?
Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:11 AM
I see that error all the time, and just ignore it and nothing else seems to be effected. The error could possibly be unrelated to the problem with not having any results. Please take a look at my screencast here:
Laura Rogers, MCSE, MCTS
SharePoint911: SharePoint Consulting
Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:56 PM
I went through the screencast. Everything seems to be working fine except filtering using 'Path' attribute. If I pass the value of 'path to document library' it is working fine. But if I pass the value of 'path to a folder within document library', I do not get any results.
Another issue. Also, in your screencast, you created a connection to top level site from subsite and used the DVWP on other subsites. I tried another way, adding DVWP (displaying contents of document library) to a page in the top level site and then uploaded the DVWP to web part gallery and tried to add the web part to a page in subsite and it did not work.
Similar to your screencast, if I create the DVWP in a subsite by creating a connection to top level site from subsite, I was able to display the web part properly on top level site and subsites.
If a DVWP (accessing a list/library in the top level site) needs to be a displayed on subsite, Do you think it has to be created at a subsite to start with ?
Saturday, July 10, 2010 9:19 AM
Please check the crosslist mode in:
For more information, please refer to:
Hope it is helpful!
- Marked As Answer by Seven M Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:59 AM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 4:40 PM
I am having the same issue with the Path filter.
Is there anyone find the solution for this?