Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:26 PMI am trying to change the column width of a sharepoint column. I tried the options below.
1. Open the view in Microsoft SharePoint Designer 2007.
2. In the "Design" window, right click anywhere on the body of the view.
3. Select "Convert to XSLT Data View".
4. Click once on the column title you wish to adjust.
5. You should now be able to drag the column to the desired width.
This works, but afterwards I and missing some options. I can no longer see "manage permissions" or "Workflows" when I click on the item name in the list. I do have permissions to see these items. I am not sure what I did wrong or what I missed. If you have any helpful information I would appreciate it.
- Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:38 AM typing error in Title corrected
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:45 PMPerhaps this can help you:
Juan Pablo. http://surpoint.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 6:30 PMDid have alot of useful information. Unfortunately, I did not see anything that would help me fix my current problem.
Monday, September 28, 2009 9:18 AMModerator
It is a known issue that after converting AllItems.aspx to a XSLT data view the drop down menu is missing version history and the workflow span tags on a rendered page. I am sorry there is no hotfix currently.
I also suggest you to use Internet Explorer Developer Toolbar to find the CSS styles which columns are applied to change the width of columns. You can download at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E59C3964-672D-4511-BB3E-2D5E1DB91038&displaylang=en. So you needn’t to covert to XSLT data view.
Hope it helps.
- Marked As Answer by Lambert Qin [秦磊]MVP Friday, October 02, 2009 8:52 AM