Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:10 PM
we have some custom code, which takes a AD field, compare this field to a sharepoint list, which again will make a link to the persons department (webpage).
After we have changed username / login i AD, this function will no longer work.
I have tried to delete the userprofile and make a full userprofile import, but nothing changes.
Is there anything I should be aware of, when changing usernames/logins i AD?
Friday, April 13, 2012 12:35 AM
Run following commands
stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases <days>
if you will get any old databases run following command
stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases <days>
stsadm -o sync
if all these will not resolve this issue, manually remove user from site from (All People) and then re add. This will update user details as it was fetched from AD.
Let us know if this will be helpful.
Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
- Marked As Answer by Jakobdo Monday, April 16, 2012 9:26 AM
Monday, April 16, 2012 9:26 AM
I did both things, so í'm unsure which of 'em solved the problem.
Monday, April 16, 2012 9:46 AM
Don't know if "step 1" did something "usefull".
But step 1 alone, did not solve the problem.
But deleting the user from "HOME" -> Site Action -> People and groups -> All users -> MARK USER AND DELETE, solves the problem.