A forum for discussing the Microsoft SDL Process and guidance.
Workaround for MSF-Agile+SDL v5.0 install errorSDL Team Friday, June 24, 2011 7:05 PM
Announcement originially posted Tuesday, August 03, 2010 9:59 PM
We've talked with some people experiencing problems when trying to install the MSF-Agile+SDL v5.0 process template. We believe these problems are a result of an incompatibility with certain configurations of Sharepoint, and we are working to correct the issue for the next release of the MSF-Agile+SDL template. In the meantime, you should be able to work around the problem by following these instructions to disable the Sharepoint features of the template:
- Uninstall the template if you've already installed it.
- Reinstall the template files, and uncheck the Additional Sharepoint Components feature during the installation process.
- Using your XML editor of choice, open the file <template install dir>\Process Template\Windows SharePoint Services\wsstasks.xml.
- Near the bottom of the file, you will see the lines:
<feature featureId="3F6F501A-5DFF-4359-8ED8-232784DFF47E" />
5. Comment out the second line, ie:
<!-- <feature featureId="3F6F501A-5DFF-4359-8ED8-232784DFF47E" /> -->
6. Save the file and close
7. Open the Process Template Manager in Visual Studio
8. Delete the existing "MSF for Agile Software Development plus Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) v5.0" process template.
9. Upload the process template again, browse for <template install dir>\Process Template\process template.xml.
10. Close the Process Template Manager.
You should now be able to create MSF-A+SDL projects. If you're experiencing the install bug, please let us know if this helps workaround the problem (or if it doesn't).
Announcing the templates for SDL PracticesSDL Team Friday, April 29, 2011 5:46 PM
Download the templates for SDL practices, a library of templates to help you get started with the more thought-based SDL practices or activities: Defining Security Requirements, Creating a Security Bug Bar, Performing a Security Risk Assessment, Conducting a basic threat model, Managing SDL Exception Requests, Performing a Final Security Review.
Tools updates: SDL Threat Modeling Tool, MiniFuzz File Fuzzer, SDL Regex FuzzerSDL Team Friday, September 16, 2011 10:37 PM
Announcing SDL Process Guidance Version 5.2SDL Team Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:10 PM
Follow @MSFTsdl on TwitterSDL Team Friday, June 24, 2011 7:12 PMFollow @MSFTsdl on Twitter to stay informed about the latest news, events and releases of the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 1755Jagadish Hadimani Thursday, February 14, 2013 9:30 AM
- 11497Bryan_Celyn Tuesday, October 23, 2012 8:09 PM
FYI, new Multi-OS/CPU aware "virus" broke through running virtualbox. Destroying host and guest. Obviously for a reason. new methods used,Permutate-0x Friday, November 30, 2012 5:57 AM
SDLTM.exe Error: 0 : Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Visio...carlthulhu Tuesday, October 23, 2012 11:37 PM
- 52681Dinis Cruz Thursday, June 07, 2012 10:51 PM
- 24525CrushedOnion Monday, September 26, 2011 1:25 PM
- 24435Maverick Hawk 5 Monday, July 25, 2011 9:28 PM
- 13462ilawa Friday, September 09, 2011 4:25 PM
- 04599akela_p501usa Friday, June 17, 2011 1:55 AM
- 19368at2oo1 Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:00 AM
- 07217Arjuna Shunn Thursday, June 17, 2010 7:26 PM
- 29725Roy Davis [Sogeti] Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:15 PM
- 29051Dana Epp [Security MVP]MVPTuesday, May 26, 2009 9:12 PM
- 07519Dana Epp [Security MVP]MVPTuesday, April 07, 2009 5:37 PM
- 47489Dana Epp [Security MVP]MVPThursday, March 05, 2009 6:51 AM
- 07516Adam ShostackMicrosoft EmployeeMonday, February 23, 2009 6:35 PM
- 17211sdocherty Tuesday, November 25, 2008 1:10 PM
- 37784David Elze Monday, November 17, 2008 2:27 PM
- 17298MikeMcMinn Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:23 PM
- 26949Dana Epp [Security MVP]MVPFriday, November 07, 2008 11:18 PM