Tuesday, January 31, 2012 8:49 PM
I can't seem to be able to update my MS Project 2010 Server to SP1 or beyond for that service. Its running on a single farm server. It already has SP2010 and office office webaps updated to SP1 and Dec. CUs and after no luck running the project sp1 update (gives the error that it cant find product to update) I was able to run the CU for it and it updated the project web front end to 14.0.6114.5 and the language pack to 14.0.610505 but the project server is still at 14.0.4763.1.
Any way I can get just that one update?
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:18 PM
Which patch did you use to update SharePoint 2010?
Hrushikesh Deshpande – DeltaBahn Senior EPM Infrastructure Consultant
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 11:05 PM
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:16 PM
I've tried any/every patch I could find. I think since I also have office web apps that it looks like it updated sharepoint with office web apps and so now it wont update project since that too is bundled with sharePoint.
I did these
CU 12-2011 441699 441656
Everything seemed to get updated except the darned project server - the most important part.
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:24 PM
Iposted all the updates I tried and yes - those two were the first. It let me run the CU but it didnt update the project server (I assume because it never let the sp1 update run) and the cu only updated the other two pieces.
FYI - the error given is "The expected version of the product was not found on the system"
At this point, unless MS has some kind of secret update file that will only do project server, I think I'm going to have to totally rebuild this server.
- Edited by jd155 Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:32 PM
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:31 PM
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 2:40 PMI believe I ran the wizard after each attempt of an update.
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:04 PM
Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:23 PM
All the upgrades were successful except one ran yesterday which said it stopped abruptlly. I ran psconfig right after it again successfully. Three were successful since then. All databases show no action required, but I did notice a message in the "problems and solutions" that said the databases were in compatibility range, upgrade recommended. The recommended remedy doesn't work.
gave up - rebuilding server
Thursday, March 22, 2012 12:48 PM
i Am having the same issue.
Installed sharepoint with SP1 and think that is where the issue came in...
Will i really need to reinstall SP...
Saturday, August 04, 2012 1:41 AM
I had the same problem. SharePoint 2010 at SP1, but Project Server at RTM. Tried to run the combined SharePont/Project Server SP1 file (kb2460047) and got the "The expected version of the product was not found on the system" error. Through my MSDN license, got the 3 .msp files from the Updates folder of the Project Server 2010 SP1 disk (.iso). Executing these brought Project Server up to SP1.