Discuss use of system messages about power management status, sleep transitions, and other aspects of managing power consumption at the application level.
A reminder about the appropriate use of this forum.Mark AggarMicrosoft EmployeeWednesday, October 20, 2010 5:52 PM
This forum is for issues associated with developing application that work well with Windows Power Management. Please do not post general Windows development or other non-power management related questions to this forum or they will be moved to the 'off-topic' forum.
Power Management Guidance is available!Mark AggarMicrosoft EmployeeWednesday, October 20, 2010 8:49 PMVisit http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ff944599.aspx for up to date information on how to design applications that are energy smart and work well with Windows Power Management. Post feedback on this forum if you can't find the information you are looking for via this link.
Got issues with apps not working right with power management? Report them here...Mark AggarMicrosoft EmployeeWednesday, October 20, 2010 8:46 PM
As somewhat of a social experiment, I'm inviting those of you who've diagnosed issues with apps not working correctly with Windows power management to post your reports on this forum here. Apps not working right could mean that the PC stays awake unnecessarily, or or could mean that the app is negatively impacted by power management because it doesn't request that the system or display stay on while it is perform critical work.
The goal is to share knowledge of the issues so we aren't all "re-diagnosing the same wheel" and hopefully get the attention of the developers of the apps so they can make their applications a little more energy smart. Here's hoping...
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 18894Mark AggarMicrosoft EmployeeWednesday, October 20, 2010 8:34 PM
- 0214zwang94 Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:39 AM
- 57293nickaein Monday, August 24, 2009 10:01 PM
- 0176Júlio César Schincariol Filho Friday, March 15, 2013 4:04 AM
- 1258Júlio César Schincariol Filho Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:51 AM
- 0647subratab1107 Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:14 PM
- 0557steve987654321 Friday, February 08, 2013 1:59 PM
- 0940YenG07 Friday, November 30, 2012 9:09 PM
- 0915zhangxun_12 Friday, November 30, 2012 1:30 AM
- 1938zhangxun_12 Monday, November 26, 2012 12:54 PM
- 0843leo934 Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:25 AM
- 01069zjhthefirst Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:01 AM
- 31632Leonite257 Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:05 AM
PowerRegisterSuspendResumeNotification definition in Windows SDK 8.0 does not match MSDN documentationSam Tsai Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:44 AM
- 21494Leonite257 Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:09 AM
- 11362Agustingt Wednesday, September 19, 2012 1:57 AM
- 0969Nitin_k29 Tuesday, November 06, 2012 6:11 PM
- 31700rus-k Friday, October 19, 2012 9:33 PM
- 95668Rockman_124 Tuesday, March 27, 2012 8:47 AM
Please share compare sheet the Microsoft SQL Development ,Express, standered ,enterprice edition etc limitation of futher.Niraj Kumar Singh IT Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:31 AM
Please share compare sheet the Microsoft SQL Development ,Express, standered ,enterprice edition etc limitation of futher.Niraj Kumar Singh IT Saturday, September 29, 2012 9:30 AM