Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:18 AM
I am calling AMP C++ library from C# (see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/pfxteam/archive/2011/09/21/10214538.aspx).
However, I found out that GPU debugging is not working in this scenario:
- unmanaged debugging is enabled for c# project
- GPU debugging is selected for C++ project
- even attaching GPU debugger manually does not work
- (works when executed from C++ console entry point)
Any thoughts? Maybe I forgot something.
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 10:44 PM
First check out C++ AMP debugging gotchas if you haven't already - http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nativeconcurrency/archive/2011/09/19/vs-11-developer-preview-gotchas-with-c-amp.aspx
Here's how you can debug the C++ AMP Code in Igor's project:
1. Right click HelloWorldLib -> Set as startup project
2. Right click HelloWorldLib -> Properties -> Debugging
3. Select "GPU C++ Direct3D Compute Debugger" under "Debugger to launch"
4. For "Command" enter the path of the C# executable
5. Push F10 to start debugging and the debugger will break in the C++ AMP code
Let me know if you run into any other issues.
Friday, December 02, 2011 12:50 AMWorks, thanks a lot.