Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:50 AM
We have developed an Outlook add-in which when triggered encrypts & sends the encrypted messages. The message size increases after encryption.
We are facing issues with large messages.
- User composes an email with large attachments (< max size allowed).
- User hits send and our add-in comes into picture.
- The add-in encrypts the message and the message size grows. The message size now becomes greater than max size allowed.
- As the message size is greater than the max limit, the message stays in Outbox.
Instead of keeping the message in the outbox, we would like to show an error to a user that the message size exceeds the max allowed size. For this we need to have a way to determine the max allowed size.
We are looking out for some property which can be used to determine the max size. "PR_MAX_SUBMIT_MESSAGE_SIZE" doesn't seem to work with exchange cached mode.
Please let us know if we can use any other property or is there any other way to determine the max size?
Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:05 AM
Cache store returns PR_MAX_SUBMIT_MESSAGE_SIZE property just fine
Store.PropertyAccessor.GetProperty("http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x666D0003") should give you what you need.
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
Redemption - what the Outlook
Object Model should have been
Version 5.4 is now available!
- Marked As Answer by Tom_Xu_WXModerator Monday, January 07, 2013 7:58 AM