Discuss technical content and implementation of the Windows (including .NET Framework) protocols described in the Open Specifications
MSDN Windows Release Notes -- January 2013
This release contains updates made to protocol documents since the last release.
The following documents are new in the release:
- MS-SMTP short name is changed to MS-SMTPNTLM.
The following known issues exist in the January 2013 release:
- Underscore characters are not always visible in code in the PDF files depending on the magnification selected by the user. Those characters are present in printed versions.
- Information in a table row may split across two pages.
- Table borders are not always visible depending upon the magnification selected by the user. Borders are present in printed versions of the PDF.
- Cross-protocol links are only functional when the PDF files for the protocols are in the same folder.
Note: Links in the PDFs do not resolve in Adobe Reader 9 because Adobe has changed the default setting for view mode in Adobe Reader 9. To access links, perform the following procedure:
1. In Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Reader 9.5, go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
2. In the Categories list, click Documents.
3. Under PDF/A View Mode, change the selection from Only for PDF/A documents to Never, and click OK.
Additional details on changing the setting can be located via the Adobe help site: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Standard/WS3E0E8467-B787-4020-A1D3-6BC762A42DF2.w.html
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 014051Paul E LongMicrosoft EmployeeFriday, March 21, 2008 9:28 PM
- 012853KeithHa Friday, February 22, 2008 9:19 PM
- 012852KeithHa Friday, February 22, 2008 9:20 PM
- 08515Alex MorrillMicrosoft EmployeeThursday, September 09, 2010 10:16 PM
- 03629Alex MorrillMicrosoft EmployeeThursday, December 15, 2011 1:14 AM
- 920330HamaMSDN Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:30 PM
- 3614640mohanraj_cit Saturday, October 31, 2009 3:04 AM
- 49491natalie.li Thursday, April 24, 2008 9:32 PM
- 29053Jazzer Monday, July 19, 2010 5:51 PM
- 28738Jack YangYJ Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:35 AM
- 08669KeithHa Thursday, February 21, 2008 6:34 PM
- 108456zvikam Monday, September 08, 2008 1:32 PM
- 08419Chris MullaneyMicrosoft EmployeeMonday, October 20, 2008 7:35 PM
- 58141harshas Saturday, April 25, 2009 1:50 AM
- 78108rakeshS Thursday, September 25, 2008 3:30 AM
- 167965Ax-Soft Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:36 PM
- 87929alamandra - MCTS Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:27 PM
- 17922steph_tsf Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:43 AM
- 17878Fredonians Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:33 PM
- 67820mohanraj_cit Monday, July 27, 2009 6:33 PM
- 47685sam_the_tiger Wednesday, September 16, 2009 10:50 PM
- 87593Nadav Rub Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:51 AM
- 27487HY03 Monday, November 03, 2008 5:51 PM
- 27482Helen OBoyle Friday, June 05, 2009 6:28 PM
- 17441Chris Hinshaw Friday, April 11, 2008 12:31 AM