Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:25 PM
The Open Specifications are organized into separate nodes in the Open Specifications library on MSDN:
· Preview Specifications. This node contains preview or pre-release versions of the Open Specifications for community review and feedback.
· Historical Document Repository. This node contains historical copies of protocol, file format, languages, and standards documents that have been replaced with a new document or retired.
· Licensing Programs. This node contains lists identifying those technical specifications included in various patent license and patent covenant agreement programs. To learn more about these programs, please visit the Open Specifications website or contact the Open Specifications Team.
· Protocols. This node contains technical specifications for protocols used by Windows, Microsoft Office, SharePoint products and technologies, Exchange Server, and Microsoft SQL Server.
· Microsoft Computer Languages. This node contains technical specifications for certain Microsoft computer languages that are used by Microsoft products.
· Microsoft Standards. This node contains documentation detailing support for certain standards implemented in Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, SQL Server, Windows WordPad, as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Microsoft Data Portability. This node contains documentation that explains how user-created data in Microsoft Office and Microsoft SQL Server can be extracted for use in other software products.