Saturday, April 07, 2012 11:44 AM
Am an automation tester by profession.
Am not that sound with codes. I have an overview of the thing i am gonna do and request you guys to kindly help me with how i can proceed.
This is an example of my orginal idea. It goes like this :
1. Say I have a word document which consist of definitions for words ( say like a normal definition).
2. Now i want to store this word document in a database.
3. Now in an excel sheet i create a list box with words for which definitions are provided in the word document.
4. Now when i select a word, say " apple" from dropdown list in the excel sheet it should fetch the definition of apple from the word document stored in the database.
Is it possible to do this way or is there a simpler way to do it.
Anticipating your early response
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:44 AMModerator
Thank you for posting.
I think it possible to write the word document to SQL Server database. For more details, you can refer to the two threads:
And the following two articles on MSDN about this:
As for fetching the definition of apple, you can read BLOB data from the SQL Server and write it to the disk. Then, you can use word API to manipulate the word document and get the definition of apple.
Hope this can give you the hint and just feel free to follow up after you have tried.
Bruce Song [MSFT]
MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
- Marked As Answer by Bruce SongModerator Thursday, April 26, 2012 10:05 AM