This forum has been retired and is now read-only.
Multimap Forum Moving to Bing Community
For those of you who haven't noticed, we're moving the Multimap Developer Forums over to Bing Community. This is in an effort to consolidate all Bing Developer projects into one place for all guidance, help, information, blogs, etc. For now, the threads that are here on MSDN will remain on MSDN - we'll move them over soon. For new threads on Bing Maps, please begin posting them to Bing Community. In addition to moving the forums to Bing Community, we've broken the forums up by API so if you're developing for a specific topic - AJAX, Siverlight, etc. - you can select the forum of interest as follows:
On behalf of the Bing Maps Team, we look forward to seeing your conversations moved over to Bing Community and thanks for using Bing!
Bing Maps Technical Evangelist
Important news about the Multimap Open API - NOV 2010John-Sheridan Wednesday, November 24, 2010 4:48 PM
NOTE: This was originally posted on the Multimap Blog - http://blog.multimap.com/2010/11/19/important-news-about-the-multimap-open-api/
The first post on this blog was the announcement of the Multimap Open API .
In the 3½ years that have passed, the Open API has attracted a passionate group of developers building some great apps, especially based around our Ordnance Survey and Collins Bartholomew maps.
It is therefore fitting that one of the last posts on this blog also concerns important news about the Multimap Open API.
You may have seen earlier that we announced we are about to complete the movement of users from Multimap.com to Bing Maps . A number of you have asked on the forum whether this affects the Open API. We now have the last bits in place to provide you with a full reply.
To better serve you and all of our customers, our future investments will now focus solely on Bing Maps APIs and on closing any major feature gaps between Bing and Multimap. This will enable us to accelerate delivering you more mapping and location-based services innovation through one platform, across web and mobile.
Therefore, the Multimap Open API service will be discontinued on November 18th, 2011.
To prepare for this change, we will soon discontinue the registration of new Open API keys. Existing keys will continue to operate until the switch off.
We understand that this will be disappointing news for Open API developers, but there is a silver lining to this particular cloud…
Our colleagues at Bing Maps have just released a major update to the Bing Maps AJAX control . In addition to major improvements in performance, mobile support and imagery, the Bing Maps AJAX map control now includes support for Ordnance Survey and Collins Bartholomew maps .
Our commitment: We’re here to help . We have developed migration guides for both the AJAX map control and the REST web services to help get started with your planning process. The Bing Maps Developer Resources site , Bing Maps on MSDN , the Bing Community forums and the Bing Maps blog are also great resources.
From everyone at Multimap, thank you to all Open API developers for your support over the past 3½ years, and we hope to see you build some great new apps on Bing Maps.
Welcome to Multimap APIMelissaMS Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:37 PMWelcome to the Multimap API forum!
This is the place for any and all questions pertaining to the development of applications using Multimap's API and Web Service APIs. Please feel free to add any questions which we have not yet covered and we will try our best to help you.
Filtering and SortingUse these options to narrow down the question and discussion list.
- 313194molistok Friday, November 05, 2010 6:10 PM
- 213309MelissaMS Friday, July 24, 2009 12:20 PM
- 48824MelissaMS Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:37 PM
- 05515MJD394 Tuesday, April 12, 2011 8:45 AM
- 713118doconline Tuesday, November 24, 2009 5:09 PM
- 1110520aidangrant Monday, October 26, 2009 3:41 PM
- 411238Rsootarsing Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:06 PM
- 66031rockinthesixstring Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:51 PM
- 56969PaulW9 Thursday, November 04, 2010 5:06 PM
- 05859Test Map Friday, February 18, 2011 2:24 AM
- 16009nahidacm Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:30 AM
- 36649Douglas_C Tuesday, August 03, 2010 7:20 AM
- 27449Amaresh Jois Friday, July 02, 2010 6:47 AM
- 510609yewtcuk Monday, January 25, 2010 9:51 AM
- 38393MJD394 Sunday, April 18, 2010 6:16 AM
- 17305amaresh_jois Thursday, June 17, 2010 1:44 PM
- 17174BaconSteakey Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:07 PM
- 16354sdvxchfedbtrjfbgf Tuesday, June 08, 2010 9:26 AM
- 18434Douglas_C Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:54 AM
- 47667MJD394 Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:00 AM