Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:47 AM
Few are listed below: Please share your thoughts/comments
1. My application uses the client side events of datagrid and radio buttons like OnMouseOver , OnMouseClick. These functions are not written as online functions, but as separate functions. For the previous versions of IE , they use wire up and function as intended, but with IE 10 , it works only when you write this events inline with the object definition. Any idea why this is happening.
2. We were using the Navigator.appVersion string for decision making to understand the client framework and other details. With IE10, the appVersion property returns only very limited information. It doesn't returns the framwework version of the client computer available
3. While using the Object.childnodes.length, returns more rows compared to previous versions of IE. Not understanidng the logic behind this.
4. Any specific docktype tag for applications in IE10
5. We are using Data Island and calls the .loadxml to load xml data, but it fails. Any specific reasons.
Any help/comments provided is highly appreciated..
Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:54 AM
More information required...
What document mode does your page render with. Must be IE10 or IE10 Quirks.... IE10 standards mode does not support xml data islands... (f12>developer tool>DocumentMode)... what compatibility settings do you have? "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View?"...."Display all sites in Compatibility View"?
1. use jQuery or feature test for addEventListener and addEvent.... see http://www.quirksmode.org/js/events_early.html for an explanation of why you must support both with feature testing if you want to support legacy browsers or add more than one event handler to an element.... adding jQuery to your page is the easiest way to have interoperable event handling.
2. Avoid UAS sniffing at all costs....eg. if(window.addEventListener).... this is another reason to use jQuery or other shim which wraps up browser differences into wrapper functions eg. $.onload.... the word now is feature test... do NOT use UAS sniffing...
3. possibly you have text nodes... enum the children to view their innerText or use the Devloper tool in IE10 desktop to inspect the computed markup.
4. What document type declaration are you using? (should be an xhtml 1.0 or 1.1 with a xmlns attribute in the <html> tag.....) if converting to html5 (<!doctype html> add the xmlns attribute to the html tag to specify xhtml parsing and rendering... validate your markup at validator.w3.org to ensure that you are not mixing html and xhtml syntax rules or using duplicate id's.
5. to support xml data islands in IE10 and below... add the x-ua IE=9 meta tag or header.... for metro interoperability you also need to have the RequiresActiveX=true in the same x-ua meta tag... eg... IE=9, RequiresActiveX=true