Tuesday, July 03, 2012 9:50 PM
Real story happened today, July 2012:
- downloaded Win XP with SP3 ISO from volume licensing and burned on a DVD
- installed on a generic Wintel Box (no missing driver)
- windows update reports error 0x8024400A out of the box (did not have a chance to install other software, plain vanilla NATed access to the internet over DSL)
- follow troubleshooting link which proposes a "fix it" application
- download said application
- error: the application need .NET framework 2.0 which can be retrieved using ... windows update
- so typical, so Microsoft, just a constant reminder how great this company is.
I'm pretty sure I will eventually manage to have it solved (I already spent months on similar issues in my IT liffe) but this is such a pristine example that I could not help but share it.
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 2:11 PM
this forum is a developer forum for helping people to write IE addons. I am afraid your post is off-topic here since you are not talking about writing one. Extension developers generally expect their customers to have functioning computers.
If your computers are managed by the IT department, talk to your IT administratot or if you are the admin, ask on technet forums. If you want to discuss IE in a home network, visit answers.microsoft.com.
The following is signature, not part of post
Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
Visual C++ MVP
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 7:27 PMsorry about that thought I was in the windows update forum. Please accept my apologize and remove this off-topic post