Windows Protocols announcement
This release contains updates made to protocol documents since the last release on November 14, 2013. For this release, all Windows protocols documentation is available as web content under Protocols on MSDN. In addition, one new document, [MS-FSVCA], is available on the Preview Specifications node as a PDF file.
The following document is new in this release:
- [MS-ADFSOD]: Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) Protocols Overview
The following document has been posted on the Preview Node:
- [MS-FSVCA]: File Set Version Comparison Algorithms
The following documents are used by OneNote and are newly applicable to the Windows 8.1 Update:
- [MS-COPYS]: Copy Web Service Protocol
- [MS-DWSS]: Document Workspace (DWS) Service Protocol
- [MS-FORMS]: Forms Service Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTP]: File Synchronization via SOAP over HTTP Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTPB]: Binary Requests for File Synchronization via SOAP Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTPD]: Binary Data Format for File Synchronization via SOAP Structure
- [MS-LISTSWS]: Lists Service Protocol
- [MS-OFBA]: Office Forms Based Authentication Protocol
- [MS-ONESTORE]: OneNote Revision Store File Format
- [MS-SHDACCWS]: Shared Access Web Service Protocol
- [MS-WDVMODUU]: Office Document Update Utility Extensions
- [MS-WEBSS]: Webs Service Protocol
- [MS-WOPI]: Web Application Open Platform Interface Protocol
- [MS-WSSCAML]: Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) Structure
- [MS-WSSCAP]: Windows SharePoint Services Collaborative Application Protocol
- [MS-WSSHP]: HTTP Windows SharePoint Services Headers Protocol
- [MS-WSSREST]: ListData Data Service Protocol
The following known issues exist in the February 13 release:
- Underscore characters are not always visible in code in the PDF files depending on the magnification selected by the user. Those characters are present in printed versions.
- Information in a table row may split across two pages.
- Table borders are not always visible depending upon the magnification selected by the user. Borders are present in printed versions of the PDF.
- Cross-protocol links are only functional when the PDF files for the protocols are in the same folder.
Note: Links in the PDFs do not resolve in Adobe Reader 9 because Adobe has changed the default setting for view mode in Adobe Reader 9. To access links, perform the following procedure:
1. In Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Reader 9.5, go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
2. In the Categories list, click Documents.
3. Under PDF/A View Mode, change the selection from Only for PDF/A documents to Never, and click OK.
Additional details on changing the setting can be located via the Adobe help site: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Standard/WS3E0E8467-B787-4020-A1D3-6BC762A42DF2.w.html
Sticky0VotesThere is a known bug that the “Copy Code” button that appears on code samples in the Open Specifications documentation does not copy to the clipboard when viewed in Firefox and ...0 Replies | 10525 Views | Created by Alex Morrill - Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:16 PM
Sticky0VotesMicrosoft Network Monitor is a free network protocol analyzer utility that runs on Windows, which allows you to view and capture network related protocol traffic. In many cases, when ...0 Replies | 16310 Views | Created by Paul E Long - Friday, March 21, 2008 9:28 PM
Sticky0VotesFormatting of byte-array data is simplified in the on-line version of the documents. Implementers may find it useful to review the PDF version a Open Protocol specification for a richer ...0 Replies | 14987 Views | Created by KeithHa - Friday, February 22, 2008 9:20 PM
Sticky1VotesIf you use the PDF versions of the Open Protocols specifications, be sure to download all of the documents to the same directory. Hyperlinks between specifications will expect the documents ...0 Replies | 14874 Views | Created by KeithHa - Friday, February 22, 2008 9:19 PM
Unanswered0VotesI am trying to use WNS to wake up the DM client for a management session. So, for configuring WNS through MDM_WNSConfiguration node, we need to provide the PFN and Appid of the DM ...0 Replies | 19 Views | Created by sumanthmp - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
What are password setting that can set through Windows 8.1 MDM to enforcing password policy on the deviceIn the Windows 8.1 MDM document there in not mention about what should be SyncML format that should be pushed to device to enforce a password policy. I'm wanted to enforce ...
Answered0VotesHi folks, I wondered if it is possible to use cookie-based authentication to connect in *full desktop* mode through RD Gateway (and not RemoteApp mode) ...
Answered0VotesHere is the behaviour i see, which was not expected by Windows 8.1. 1) Device is enrolled 2) Client initiates the connection with the MDM server defined in ...
Discussion0VotesPlease be aware of the following organizational changes to the Open Specifications forums that will be taking place over the next few weeks. This is being done to reduce the overall number of ...0 Replies | 37 Views | Created by JCurry - Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:35 PM
Proposed0VotesI am applying the Passcode policy on a windows 8.1 device through MDM protocol with a EXEC command in syncML message. I got a response from device with 200 ...
Unanswered0VotesI'm studying on WinSharer supplied by below ...
Answered1VotesI am trying to connect a non-microsoft RDP 7.1 compatible client to a Windows 2012 SessionHost server. The server has RemoteFX enabled and a Windows 8 Remote Destkop client works ...
Discussion0VotesCan Visual Studio be used to impliment new directional protocol and mapping within a satallite/modem system for vpn use ?
Answered1VotesI see there is some DevId that is being passed to the MDM server after enrollment is successful. What is this DevId? Does it corresponds to the Windows ...
[MS-MDE] Win 8.1: What is the Functional use of "SslClientCertReference" param in Enrollment Provisioning XML?What is the functional use of the Param "SslClientCertReference" and where to get the Characteristic type mentioned below? <characteristic ...
Answered0VotesCan I set the frequency of the connections that happen from Windows 8.1 Device to DM Server? If so, How and where can I configure it?
Proposed0VotesFor RDPELE and RDP Per Device Licensing. I'm a little confused on how this works with temporaries and permanent licenses. Given the following scenario of a non ...
Answered0VotesHi (Axel manufacture "O.S. less" thin clients with an home made RDP client) We experienced a strange issue with server 2012(R2) when opening an RDP ...
Discussion0VotesThis release contains updates made to protocol documents since the last release on November 14, 2013. For this release, all Windows protocols documentation is available as web content ...0 Replies | 87 Views | Created by Neil Ma - MSFT - Friday, February 14, 2014 6:04 PM
Answered0VotesI have two demo programs, a desktop viewer and a desktop sharer. The sharer create a invite file by CreateInvitation in Windows Desktop Sharing API. This will export ...
Answered0VotesHI, Is it compulsory to have authType for WIndows 8.1 MDM client to be federated? Is there any way i can provide Security Token in Authtype as ...
Answered0VotesI am having trouble decoding RDP packets inside RTP packets. The traffic during the conference was recorded using Wireshark. All the data is exchanged with TCP network ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 561 Next ›