Windows Protocols announcement
This release contains updates made to protocol documents since the last release on November 14, 2013. For this release, all Windows protocols documentation is available as web content under Protocols on MSDN. In addition, one new document, [MS-FSVCA], is available on the Preview Specifications node as a PDF file.
The following document is new in this release:
- [MS-ADFSOD]: Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) Protocols Overview
The following document has been posted on the Preview Node:
- [MS-FSVCA]: File Set Version Comparison Algorithms
The following documents are used by OneNote and are newly applicable to the Windows 8.1 Update:
- [MS-COPYS]: Copy Web Service Protocol
- [MS-DWSS]: Document Workspace (DWS) Service Protocol
- [MS-FORMS]: Forms Service Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTP]: File Synchronization via SOAP over HTTP Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTPB]: Binary Requests for File Synchronization via SOAP Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTPD]: Binary Data Format for File Synchronization via SOAP Structure
- [MS-LISTSWS]: Lists Service Protocol
- [MS-OFBA]: Office Forms Based Authentication Protocol
- [MS-ONESTORE]: OneNote Revision Store File Format
- [MS-SHDACCWS]: Shared Access Web Service Protocol
- [MS-WDVMODUU]: Office Document Update Utility Extensions
- [MS-WEBSS]: Webs Service Protocol
- [MS-WOPI]: Web Application Open Platform Interface Protocol
- [MS-WSSCAML]: Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) Structure
- [MS-WSSCAP]: Windows SharePoint Services Collaborative Application Protocol
- [MS-WSSHP]: HTTP Windows SharePoint Services Headers Protocol
- [MS-WSSREST]: ListData Data Service Protocol
The following known issues exist in the February 13 release:
- Underscore characters are not always visible in code in the PDF files depending on the magnification selected by the user. Those characters are present in printed versions.
- Information in a table row may split across two pages.
- Table borders are not always visible depending upon the magnification selected by the user. Borders are present in printed versions of the PDF.
- Cross-protocol links are only functional when the PDF files for the protocols are in the same folder.
Note: Links in the PDFs do not resolve in Adobe Reader 9 because Adobe has changed the default setting for view mode in Adobe Reader 9. To access links, perform the following procedure:
1. In Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Reader 9.5, go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
2. In the Categories list, click Documents.
3. Under PDF/A View Mode, change the selection from Only for PDF/A documents to Never, and click OK.
Additional details on changing the setting can be located via the Adobe help site: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Standard/WS3E0E8467-B787-4020-A1D3-6BC762A42DF2.w.html
Answered0VotesI am trying to use WNS to wake up the DM client for a management session. So, for configuring WNS through MDM_WNSConfiguration node, we need to provide the PFN and Appid of the DM ...
Answered0VotesHi, I can see message SyncPrinterCatalog() is defined in WSDL(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd350344.aspx) but information about this message is not specified ...
Answered0VotesHello, I have implemeted a Bluetooth device connection over BroadComm stack. If my application sends a request to the device and assume ...
Answered0VotesHello all, I have a new ASUS X401A notebook it has no optical. So I need to know the best external drive totally compatible with Windows 8 x64 (I can only find them ...
Proposed1VotesHi, I am currently under the project which aims to develop a program that manages windows 8.1 devices by utilizing "Mobile ...
Answered0VotesIs there any MDM node where you can set the proxy settings of the machine? So that the same will be consumed by the computer for connecting to the ...
What are password setting that can set through Windows 8.1 MDM to enforcing password policy on the deviceIn the Windows 8.1 MDM document there in not mention about what should be SyncML format that should be pushed to device to enforce a password policy. I'm wanted to enforce ...
Answered0VotesHey Guys, I am stuck at the enrollment server setup. I am able to set discovery service but facing issues while proceeding further. What are the XCEP and WSTEP servers? Do I need to ...
Answered0VotesI am new to Windows Server environment so my question could be naive please bear with it :) I am trying to setup enrollment server for Windows phone MDM. So far I have found that I ...
Answered0VotesHi I am new to Windows MDM enrollment process still going through bunch of document. So far I have been going through MS-MDE, MS- XCEP and MS-WSTEP protocol documents for Windows 8.1 MDM ...
Unanswered0VotesHello It seems the "Server Set Keyboard Indicators PDU" command is never sent by a server 2012R2. To show this, we developped a program which simply set ...
Answered0VotesHI, Is it compulsory to have authType for WIndows 8.1 MDM client to be federated? Is there any way i can provide Security Token in Authtype as ...
Answered1VotesHi Guys, I am building up a couple of W2K12 RDP servers, and plan to install a RDP broker infront. So we don't have one point of failure I was planning to ...
Answered0VotesI cannot get windows to update automatically or manually. I receive Windows Update Error Code 80096001 which has to do with TRUST_E_SYSTEM_ERROR. Can anyone help?
Answered0VotesHi folks, I wondered if it is possible to use cookie-based authentication to connect in *full desktop* mode through RD Gateway (and not RemoteApp mode) ...
Answered0VotesHi, Looks like text cursor blinking is always disabled in Window 8 RDP session. The PERF_DISABLE_CURSORSETTINGS flag has not effect on Windows 8 RDP ...
Answered0VotesHello, I have download the sample NAP SDK (SHA-SHV-QEC) Sample. I am trying to create a NAP plugin for a non microsoft ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 573 Next ›