File Services announcement
This release contains updates made to protocol documents since the last release on November 14, 2013. For this release, all Windows protocols documentation is available as web content under Protocols on MSDN. In addition, one new document, [MS-FSVCA], is available on the Preview Specifications node as a PDF file.
The following document is new in this release:
- [MS-ADFSOD]: Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) Protocols Overview
The following document has been posted on the Preview Node:
- [MS-FSVCA]: File Set Version Comparison Algorithms
The following documents are used by OneNote and are newly applicable to the Windows 8.1 Update:
- [MS-COPYS]: Copy Web Service Protocol
- [MS-DWSS]: Document Workspace (DWS) Service Protocol
- [MS-FORMS]: Forms Service Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTP]: File Synchronization via SOAP over HTTP Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTPB]: Binary Requests for File Synchronization via SOAP Protocol
- [MS-FSSHTTPD]: Binary Data Format for File Synchronization via SOAP Structure
- [MS-LISTSWS]: Lists Service Protocol
- [MS-OFBA]: Office Forms Based Authentication Protocol
- [MS-ONESTORE]: OneNote Revision Store File Format
- [MS-SHDACCWS]: Shared Access Web Service Protocol
- [MS-WDVMODUU]: Office Document Update Utility Extensions
- [MS-WEBSS]: Webs Service Protocol
- [MS-WOPI]: Web Application Open Platform Interface Protocol
- [MS-WSSCAML]: Collaborative Application Markup Language (CAML) Structure
- [MS-WSSCAP]: Windows SharePoint Services Collaborative Application Protocol
- [MS-WSSHP]: HTTP Windows SharePoint Services Headers Protocol
- [MS-WSSREST]: ListData Data Service Protocol
The following known issues exist in the February 13 release:
- Underscore characters are not always visible in code in the PDF files depending on the magnification selected by the user. Those characters are present in printed versions.
- Information in a table row may split across two pages.
- Table borders are not always visible depending upon the magnification selected by the user. Borders are present in printed versions of the PDF.
- Cross-protocol links are only functional when the PDF files for the protocols are in the same folder.
Note: Links in the PDFs do not resolve in Adobe Reader 9 because Adobe has changed the default setting for view mode in Adobe Reader 9. To access links, perform the following procedure:
1. In Adobe Reader 9 and Adobe Reader 9.5, go to the Edit menu and click Preferences.
2. In the Categories list, click Documents.
3. Under PDF/A View Mode, change the selection from Only for PDF/A documents to Never, and click OK.
Additional details on changing the setting can be located via the Adobe help site: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Standard/WS3E0E8467-B787-4020-A1D3-6BC762A42DF2.w.html
Sticky0VotesThere is a known bug that the “Copy Code” button that appears on code samples in the Open Specifications documentation does not copy to the clipboard when viewed in Firefox and ...0 Replies | 10052 Views | Created by Alex Morrill - Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:24 PM
Sticky0VotesMicrosoft Network Monitor is a free network protocol analyzer utility that runs on Windows, which allows you to view and capture network related protocol traffic. In many cases, when ...
Sticky0VotesFormatting of byte-array data is simplified in the on-line version of the documents. Implementers may find it useful to review the PDF version a Open Protocol specification for a richer formatted ...
Sticky1VotesIf you use the PDF versions of the Open Protocols specifications, be sure to download all of the documents to the same directory. Hyperlinks between specifications will expect the documents to be in ...0 Replies | 13901 Views | Created by KeithHa - Friday, February 22, 2008 9:25 PM
Discussion0VotesPlease be aware of the following organizational changes to the Open Specifications forums that will be taking place over the next few weeks. This is being done to reduce the overall number of ...0 Replies | 16 Views | Created by JCurry - Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:38 PM
Proposed0VotesI have a folder the containes folders with everyones name in and then hundreds of files that where the filename contains a persons name. Is there an ...
Answered0VotesI read in the release notes that PCNFSD is depreciated in Server 2012R2 and beyond. Does this include support for the NFS Client as-well? Will a replacement ...
Discussion0VotesThis release contains updates made to protocol documents since the last release on November 14, 2013. For this release, all Windows protocols documentation is available as web content ...0 Replies | 119 Views | Created by Neil Ma - MSFT - Friday, February 14, 2014 6:05 PM
Unanswered0VotesHi all. I'm newby for this stuff. Could you please help me with running. I'm trying run some tests from ...
Answered0VotesI would like to have power-shell create a bat file to run ftp to copy a file to a legacy server. It must be ftp as the legacy server has a very primitive version of tcpip and won't accept anything ...
Answered0VotesI'm interested in learning the internals of the CIFS and SMB protocols. In conjunction with the debug target I'm capturing filtered network traffic. Upon hitting one of the above ...
Answered0VotesHi MSDN support, I'm implementing NTLMv2 support for SMB2 and SMB3, but I don't seem to get Session Key calculated correctly and therefore also SMB signing ...
Answered0VotesIf this isn't the right forum for this question, please let me know. I am encountering a problem when I try to mount a share from my Windows Server 2012. I am mounting a ...
Discussion0VotesNo. Microsoft does not supply sample code for protocols. IDL file definitions are provided for RPC protocols. Implementers can have access to ...
Answered0VotesHi , we are developing web application.... i am using InternetExplorer 8, the problem is "I need to browse files in component <Rich:fileupload> ...
Answered0VotesHi, I am trying to implement SMB3.0 session setup response signature for signing of messages, but I keep getting the calculations wrong. I was hoping to get ...
Answered0VotesHi, We're implementing the SMB 2.002 dialect. We're having some issues with reauthentication. Could you clarify some questions for us? 1. Can I only ...
Answered1VotesHi, I am trying to install MS-SMB testsuite. After first installation , i think i made some mistake as all the tescases were failing with the error : cannot find ...
Answered0VotesHi I am using SMB2 Command Query Directory in order to fetch directory information from a server. While I am using the flag "SMB2_INDEX_SPECIFIED" I can see that Server keeps on ...
uploading a file from an asp.net button on application page hosted on sharepoint 2010 foundation fails.I have a scenario, where an application page is presented to the user to select a file from pen drive using the asp.net filecontrol. Then , the user needs to click an asp.net button upload ...
Answered0Votesi av 2 computers 1 vista my laptop home 1 xp i need my music from lptop to home1how?????
- Items 1 to 20 of 268 Next ›