Office XML, ODF, and Binary File Formats announcement
The February 2014 release contains updates made to Microsoft Office Protocols documents since November 2013.
Microsoft Office File Formats links:
- Full documentation set (zip): Microsoft Office File Formats Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-FFCHGTR]
Microsoft Office Protocols links:
- Full documentation set (zip): Microsoft Office Protocols Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-OCHGTR]
SharePoint Products and Technologies Protocols links:
- Full documentation set (zip): SharePoint Products and Technologies Protocols Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-SPCHGTR]
Word, Excel and PowerPoint Standards Support links:
- Full documentation set (zip): Word, Excel and PowerPoint Standards Support Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-OSTANCHGTR]
The following new specifications have been added:
- [MS-3DMDTP]: Data Visualization: 3-D Map Data Tour File Format
The following Office protocols have been archived:
The following known issues exist in this release:
- Graphics not displaying properly in PDF format: Some graphics are missing in the PDF format of the documents below. They are properly displayed on their corresponding MSDN version.
- MS-CONFBAS (section 1.3.2, figure 2) – MSDN version
- MS-CONFPRO (section 22.214.171.124, figure 12 and section 126.96.36.199, figure 14) – MSDN version
- MS-GRVHENC (section 4.3, figure 27) – MSDN version
- MS-GRVSSTP (section 4.2.3, figure 16 and section 4.2.5, figure 18) – MSDN version
- MS-OCPROTO (section 3.1, figure 16) – MSDN version
- MS-PST (section 2.3.2, figure 5) – MSDN version
- MS-SPO (section 188.8.131.52.2, figure 22) – MSDN version
- Revision summary not indicating changes: The Revision Summary section for MS-OCGCWEB indicates that no change was made in the document since 2012. However the following minor additions were made for the 11/18/2013 release. No other changes have been made for this release.
- Addition of the term "in-band provisioning" in the glossary
- Clarification of the definition appropriate for web application in this document
A number of people have inquired about the .pst file format on this forum in the past, and at that time we stated we would provide an update if the .pst file format specification becomes available. This week we announced our documentation plan for the .pst file format specification on the Interoperability @ Microsoft blog,. If you are interested in actively participating in the review of preliminary drafts of the .pst file format specification, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and then we will contact you when a preliminary draft of the specification is ready for broader review. If you only are seeking the final version, we anticipate releasing the .pst file format specification in the first half of 2010 under our Open Specification Promise.
Proposed0VotesHi all; If I have "<w:lvlText w:val="%1.%2."/>" and the text is LTR, then on the left it will number that para with "1.2." All ...
Answered0VotesHi all; We've got an intern creating test templates that appears to have a knack for creating awful ones. Here's another. Please take a look ...
Answered0VotesHi; In the post http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/651f719d-25dc-443e-a761-ec3c4129e6d4/why-is-the-text-centered?forum=os_binaryfile I've tried for 2 days to unmark ...
Answered0VotesHi all; Please take a look at www.windward.net/temp/CharOffset.docx. In document.xml it has: <w:p w:rsidR="00214FFD" ...
Answered0VotesHi all; ST_NumberFormat : arabicAbjad says it used Arabic numbers. I assume these are a sequence of 10 glyphs with a specified range in the Unicode table. DOes anyone know what that ...
Answered0VotesHi all; In 184.108.40.206, the attribute width says: Column width measured as the number of characters of the maximum digit width of the numbers 0, 1, 2, ...
Unanswered0VotesHi; Excel clearly has padding for each cell (the text is not touching the borders). In 18.8.1 it lists the alignment values for horizontal & vertical, but does not say how much ...
Answered0VotesOk, this one blew me away. Take a look at www.windward.net/temp/inner%20table%202.docx in Word. What on earth is going on with the page break logic there? thanks - ...
Unanswered0VotesHello, I am having difficulty implementing the verification digest on SharePoint GROOVE archive files (for a content scanner). The MS documentation (MS-GRVDYNM) ...
Answered0VotesGreetings. I am trying to verify what I believe is an error in the Smart Art drawing.xml file. Alternatively, my understanding of OOXML may be errant. Please take a look ...
Answered0VotesHi all; You can see this example in www.windward.net/temp/NumberedIndented.docx For the paragraphs numbered i. and ii. the numbering for them ...
Unanswered0VotesIn one of the PowerPoint documents I have, there is this snippet of XML: <a:schemeClr val="phClr"> <a:shade ...
Answered0VotesAlso, totally unrelated note - the description 17.18.87 ST_TblLayoutType rocks. Superb detail on table layout. thanks - dave Who will win The ...
Answered0VotesHi, I have one doubt. I need to read ms word xml files. If i have include different first page header in my document, then i disable it means where you can find the value of ...
Answered0VotesHi all; I've read through all of 17.11 and all relevant sub-sections and I can't find how it specifies which separator to use when wt the top of a set of footnotes. It lists that in ...
Answered0VotesHi all; We can't find any listing of when newspaper columns should be balanced. What we have found from experimentation is: If a hard column break ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 570 Next ›