Office File Formats announcement
The February 2014 release contains updates made to Microsoft Office Protocols documents since November 2013.
Microsoft Office File Formats links:
- Full documentation set (zip): Microsoft Office File Formats Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-FFCHGTR]
Microsoft Office Protocols links:
- Full documentation set (zip): Microsoft Office Protocols Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-OCHGTR]
SharePoint Products and Technologies Protocols links:
- Full documentation set (zip): SharePoint Products and Technologies Protocols Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-SPCHGTR]
Word, Excel and PowerPoint Standards Support links:
- Full documentation set (zip): Word, Excel and PowerPoint Standards Support Documentation
- Summary of changes (pdf): [MS-OSTANCHGTR]
The following new specifications have been added:
- [MS-3DMDTP]: Data Visualization: 3-D Map Data Tour File Format
The following Office protocols have been archived:
The following known issues exist in this release:
- Graphics not displaying properly in PDF format: Some graphics are missing in the PDF format of the documents below. They are properly displayed on their corresponding MSDN version.
- MS-CONFBAS (section 1.3.2, figure 2) – MSDN version
- MS-CONFPRO (section 18.104.22.168, figure 12 and section 22.214.171.124, figure 14) – MSDN version
- MS-GRVHENC (section 4.3, figure 27) – MSDN version
- MS-GRVSSTP (section 4.2.3, figure 16 and section 4.2.5, figure 18) – MSDN version
- MS-OCPROTO (section 3.1, figure 16) – MSDN version
- MS-PST (section 2.3.2, figure 5) – MSDN version
- MS-SPO (section 126.96.36.199.2, figure 22) – MSDN version
- Revision summary not indicating changes: The Revision Summary section for MS-OCGCWEB indicates that no change was made in the document since 2012. However the following minor additions were made for the 11/18/2013 release. No other changes have been made for this release.
- Addition of the term "in-band provisioning" in the glossary
- Clarification of the definition appropriate for web application in this document
A number of people have inquired about the .pst file format on this forum in the past, and at that time we stated we would provide an update if the .pst file format specification becomes available. This week we announced our documentation plan for the .pst file format specification on the Interoperability @ Microsoft blog,. If you are interested in actively participating in the review of preliminary drafts of the .pst file format specification, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org and then we will contact you when a preliminary draft of the specification is ready for broader review. If you only are seeking the final version, we anticipate releasing the .pst file format specification in the first half of 2010 under our Open Specification Promise.
Sticky0VotesThere is a known bug that the “Copy Code” button that appears on code samples in the Open Specifications documentation does not copy to the clipboard when viewed in Firefox and ...0 Replies | 9926 Views | Created by Alex Morrill - Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:29 PM
Unanswered0VotesHello, I am having difficulty implementing the verification digest on SharePoint GROOVE archive files (for a content scanner). The MS documentation (MS-GRVDYNM) ...
Proposed0VotesHi! The ShapePropsStream checksum calculation using FillStylePropertiesForShapePropsStreamChecksum structure (described in [MS-XLS] v20131118, 2.5.128) provide correct result for ...
Unanswered0VotesHello, For SmartArt in Office 2007 SP2 and above, when we unzip the file, we get 5 parts : data, drawing, colors, quickstyle and layout. I am trying to start from the drawing part ...
Answered0VotesHi, I have read the documentation of binary format ms word. But i can't find where you store the comment range start value. I can get the comment reference node. ...
Discussion0VotesPlease be aware of the following organizational changes to the Open Specifications forums that will be taking place over the next few weeks. This is being done to reduce the overall number of ...0 Replies | 23 Views | Created by JCurry - Thursday, March 06, 2014 7:40 PM
Proposed0VotesHi, I have successfully implemented a password based agile encryption for Apache POI (#55818 ) and now try to find out how the certificate based encryption works. Based on ...
Answered0VotesHi , In the MS-OXBBODY document it has a set of rules for determining which body text to display, but those rules don't seem to cover certain types of template messages types, e.g. ...
Unanswered0VotesI have a Word document (I cannot share), which contains a PapxFkp that contains a BxPap that contains a bOffset of 0. As this offset would lead to the beginning of the PapxFkp and not a valid ...
Answered0VotesIve got an Excel 2003 file (BIFF8) that causes an error dialog to popup on open in Excel 2003. I ran the file through the BFFValidator, but Im unsure what the validator log is trying to tell me. ...
Answered0VotesFrom the documentations mentioned, I see that text stored in a textbox/shape is stored in a Main textbox Range. How can i match a given text with its corresponding ...
Answered0VotesLooking at 188.8.131.52 Text Boolean Properties bits A-J, and mapping unused1 and unused4 with the co-located bits, one would expect A to map into 0x0800, and B into 0x1000, with E as ...
Answered1VotesHi When I tries to import dbx files from Outlook Express into Windows Live Mail 2011, then there are now visible messages after running the import. Why ...
Answered0VotesI have an encrypted Excel File from MS Office 2013. As it is encrypted it is binary file, it is Compound File Binary (CFB). But when I am trying to read it as CFB there is no header like it ...
Answered0VotesHi I am currently trying to get the ordering of shapes for Word 2003 format. If there are two over lapping shapes, I an unable to decide which shape is on top of the ...
Answered0VotesThe Word specification appears to have several different ways to indicate the width of a table cell. Sometimes these values are not equal to each other. With the document I'm ...
Answered0VotesHello, I'm looking at a Word 2007 file that contains a simple table with two rows, with each row containing ten cells. The XML for this file sets the bottom cell border for the ...
Answered0VotesI am writing a utility to extract Office (and non-office) embedded objects from Word docs saved in the older binary format. While testing this, I encountered a few cases where there are three ...
Answered0VotesIn Outlook 2010 the OST file format was almost identical to the PST format. However, in Outlook 2013 the OST file format has some key differences that soon stops any reading of the ...
[MS-OXOCAL] PidLidAppointmentTimeZoneDefinitionRecur and its relationship to PidLidAppointmentTimeZoneDefinitionStartDisplayHi, Outlook 2003 SP3 introduced 'PidLidAppointmentTimeZoneDefinitionStartDisplay' for both single instance and recurring appointments. Later, Outlook 2007 RTM ...
- Items 1 to 20 of 294 Next ›