Ntlm Type 1 and Type 3 messages for Authentication

Question

• I need to create Type 1 message and Type 3 message for NTLM handshaking. Is there any .Net API for this?

Essentially, I need to send the request using Socket. That is why WebClient does not work for me.  

Friday, March 11, 2011 6:58 PM

All replies

• Let me clarify more about the problem.

The application is WPF based, but Socket is used in order to stream data from the server. Use of socket is a technical requirement but the problem is when user needs to connect to the server using a proxy. Further, if the proxy authorization is based on Ntlm, there is a token that needs to be created by the client in order to handshake with the proxy server.

In summary, client needs to send Type 1 message to the proxy server, which then responds to the client with the Type 2 message, and finally client has to send Type 3 message in order to complete authentication process with the proxy server.

My question is:  Is there a way already in .NET libraries that can be consumed in order to create these different NTLM messages? Any help or information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sunday, March 13, 2011 9:55 PM