none
How to print a pdf file in a vfp9 report

Question

• Does somebody know how to have a pdf file embedded in a report? That means, at the top of the page I have some variable data, and on the bottom I want to print out some rather stable text with pictures.  But even this text can vary once a week, so I want to take just a new pdf file that someone else has created and embed it in my report.
    WP
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 8:17 PM

Answers

• Hello, If you want to attach the pdf as a new page, convert your report to pdf (see foxypreviewer) and merge the pdfs, we use a commercial commandline tool from a-pdf.com. If you want the pdf to be part of a page I would convert it into a jpg and include the JPG in the report, Irfanview can do that, even in a simple batch. Together with the RIOT plugin you get small JPG files. HTH Tom
    • Proposed as answer by Tom BorgmannEditor Friday, September 30, 2011 7:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kee Poppy Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:18 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 7:01 AM

All replies

• You can convert your report into PDF file and then merge it with existed PDF file.
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:25 PM
  • Hello, If you want to attach the pdf as a new page, convert your report to pdf (see foxypreviewer) and merge the pdfs, we use a commercial commandline tool from a-pdf.com. If you want the pdf to be part of a page I would convert it into a jpg and include the JPG in the report, Irfanview can do that, even in a simple batch. Together with the RIOT plugin you get small JPG files. HTH Tom
    • Proposed as answer by Tom BorgmannEditor Friday, September 30, 2011 7:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kee Poppy Thursday, October 06, 2011 6:18 AM
    Friday, September 30, 2011 7:01 AM