none
Method GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport always returns empty list.

Question

• I follow the example http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/HealthVault-Meaningful-Use-c88846f8 and call method GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport, but it always returns empty list.

I did next steps to get data:

1.       Connect my existing application with my account on HealthVault.
    2.       Login to HealthVault UI and see my information
    3.       Export CCDA file from my application to HealthVault
    4.       Check this file in HealthVault UI.
    5.       Check history https://account.healthvault-ppe.com/history/meaningfuluseaudit and see line “12/11/2013 3:38:53 AM - Health information was downloaded - Roman”
    6.       Call method GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport as described in the sample http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/HealthVault-Meaningful-Use-c88846f8 and got empty list.

My code:

var connection = new OfflineWebApplicationConnection();

var dateFilter = new DateRange(DateTime.UtcNow.AddYears(-1), DateTime.UtcNow);

IEnumerable<PatientActivity> activities = connection.GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport(dateFilter).ToList();

What am I doing wrong?

• Edited by Roman_77 Monday, December 16, 2013 2:10 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• I ran through the cycle of uploading the CCDA from the sample app and getting a report and everything worked as expected. Let's try to narrow this down with a few questions.

• In ACC, have you enabled "Application requires access to Meaningful Use reports"?
    • In the sample app, are you using the "Record Authorization" method or "DOPU"? If it's record authorization, can you confirm that the first time you login, you're going through the authorization flow?
    • What happens when you use the sample app to get the report?
    • Are you using the same or different app ID to contribute the CCDA and fetch the report? The app ID will need to be the same.
    • Can you reply with your appID?

Ali

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:32 PM
    Owner
  • In order to get back results from the GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport, you'll need to make sure the "Event" date in your CCDA falls within the range of your query (one year ago to NOW). The event date can be pulled from the CCDA itself, or you can specify it when you contribute the CCDA to HealthVault. The sample app you're using let's you specify the event date in the UI. See Key CCDA fields for Meaningful Use integration and the section "Overriding CCDA fields" for more information.

Ali

• Marked as answer by Roman_77 Friday, December 20, 2013 2:58 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 10:46 PM
    Owner

All replies

• In order to get back results from the GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport, you'll need to make sure the "Event" date in your CCDA falls within the range of your query (one year ago to NOW). The event date can be pulled from the CCDA itself, or you can specify it when you contribute the CCDA to HealthVault. The sample app you're using let's you specify the event date in the UI. See Key CCDA fields for Meaningful Use integration and the section "Overriding CCDA fields" for more information.

Ali

• Marked as answer by Roman_77 Friday, December 20, 2013 2:58 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2013 10:46 PM
    Owner
  • Unfortunately even I fill optional fields "Patient ID" and "Visit or Discharge Date" and use CCD file "CCD_AMB_Mary.xml" I still get empty list from method GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport.

To avoid incorrect period I used next code:

DateRange dateFilter = new DateRange(DateTime.MinValue, DateTime.MaxValue);
    OfflineWebApplicationConnection connection = new OfflineWebApplicationConnection();
    IEnumerable<PatientActivity> patientActivity = connection.GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport(dateFilter);

Thursday, December 19, 2013 3:33 PM
  • I ran through the cycle of uploading the CCDA from the sample app and getting a report and everything worked as expected. Let's try to narrow this down with a few questions.

• In ACC, have you enabled "Application requires access to Meaningful Use reports"?
    • In the sample app, are you using the "Record Authorization" method or "DOPU"? If it's record authorization, can you confirm that the first time you login, you're going through the authorization flow?
    • What happens when you use the sample app to get the report?
    • Are you using the same or different app ID to contribute the CCDA and fetch the report? The app ID will need to be the same.
    • Can you reply with your appID?

Ali

Thursday, December 19, 2013 7:32 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you, when I create new application and re-connect new application to HV account I got not empty list from GetMeaningfulUseVDTReport method.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 2:58 PM