IE 10 Metro app disappeared after Firefox installation

Question

• Today, i've installed Firefox Beta 7.0, and then i shut down the pc. When i turned on the pc, the metro app of IE 10 changed with IE 10 desktop application and i haven't no method to use his metro version. How i can do this and fix the problem? Thank you.

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:02 PM

All replies

• Same problem happening with me after installing Google Chrome. Metro IE has disappeared and I don't want it to appear at the cost of removing Chrome as my default.
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:09 PM
  • Well, i haven't any intention to remove Firefox, but i want to use IE 10 Metro app... The strange thing, is wich in a precedent installation of Windows 8, this wasn't happened...
    Friday, September 16, 2011 10:15 PM
  • Same, I installed Chrome then at the right bottom pop up a green window, asking for the default browser, I choose Chrome.

After that, Never gonna find the metro-style IE anymore :(

Monday, September 19, 2011 9:14 AM
  • This bug should be fixed in beta. For now, simply don't set Chrome, Opera, Firefox as default browser.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 10:46 AM
  • You can get Metro IE back by going to Internet Options, Programs, Set Programs in Desktop IE. Then click IE and click Set as defualt. I then managed to set Firefox (nightly) as default through Firefox's own UI. But this seems to be caused by Chrome somehow (in combination with the above mentioned prompt).
    • Proposed as answer by Arunnbio Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:58 PM
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:22 PM
  • When Internet Explorer is set as the default web browser, its tile will launch IE with the Metro style experience.    If you have chosen another web browser to be your default, then the Internet Explorer tile will always open IE in the desktop.

You can change your default browser at any time by going to Start and then typing “default programs”.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:55 PM