none
Sampling events with StreamInsight 2.1 ?

Question

• Greetings to everyone,

I want to inquire if StreamInsight provides built-in support for sampling events. 

I am currently trying to solve for a university project relating to the Football challenge a query. I have 15000 events every second and to optimize the processing I wanted to sample the data and use statistics to estimate the the values.

I am very new to StreamInsight and maybe missing something. Thanking you in advance! 

Cheers!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hello Jedi,

StreamInsight could easily handle this, even on a decent laptop. You wouldn't have to sample the data ... you could feed all of it through StreamInsight and then aggregate the events to get your statistical estimates. If there is something other than the standard aggregates that you want to do, you can write a User Defined Aggregate (UDA) that can do just about anything you can dream of. ;-)

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    Microsoft MVP - Sql Server (StreamInsight)

Ruminations of J.net

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:30 PM
  • Hi DevBiker,

Thanks for your reply. Its nice to hear that StreamInsight is powerful enough. I was just thinking sampling will even further enhance the performance where accuracy and precision is not the most important measure and it would be a good feature in some situations.

Thanks again :D

Sunday, June 30, 2013 9:20 AM