Adinistrator Tools shortcuts not working.

Question

• I have the 32 bit version of the Developers Preview installed.

If I go to the Administrative Tools and click on any of the shortcuts, I get the green busy circle and then nothing happens.

I have even tried RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

Event viewer does not open.

View local services crashes and does not allow access to services.

Any one have a clue why event viewer is not opening?

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

• Edited by MrBruce406969 Friday, September 23, 2011 1:07 AM corrected spelling
    Friday, September 23, 2011 12:58 AM

Answers

• You can install the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re a MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can use to join using a Windows Live ID account.

To provide feedback once the Windows Feedback Tool is installed:

1. Open the Send Feedback icon on the Start screen. (Note: Make sure you don’t delete the icon – once it’s deleted, it can’t be recovered.)

2. On the left side of the window, select the relevant area for your feedback. For example, if your feedback is about changing the background color, you would select “Appearance and Customization.”

3. On the right side, choose the issue that matches your feedback as closely as possible, and then click or tap Next.

4. Enter a title that describes your issue. For example, “Windows hangs during shutdown after installing updates.”

5. In the next field, describe step-by-step what you were doing when the issue occurred. This will help us reproduce the problem.

6. In the bottom field of the screen, provide as much additional detail as possible about the issue, and then click or tap Next.

7. Review the information being reported about your system. Add any files necessary to reproduce the issue and add a screenshot if the problem is still visible on your screen. Then, click or tap Send Report.

If you aren't able to use the tool but want to leave feedback on the issue you are experiencing, go to thread listed below and use the instructions from BillFill's post on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:27 PM and use the Connect website to give feedback on this issue.  Bill's thread has a code to use on the Connect website.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/de1d67d8-bf19-493b-a143-f422e57b1b0f

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by MrBruce406969 Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:56 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:53 AM

All replies

• Please report this using the feedback tool.

Regards,

Dylan Meeus

0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Friday, September 23, 2011 1:01 AM
  • I have looked for the location of the feed back tool, including all options available in GodMode.

Where exactly is this feed back tool located?

I seen a dll for it in the system32 folder, I just need the location of the executable.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

Friday, September 23, 2011 1:21 AM
  • You can install the Windows Feedback Tool from the Connect Site associated with your Windows Developer Preview program. If you’re a MSDN subscriber, the information on how to join the Connect program is included on the download page where you installed Windows Developer Preview. There’s a link to the Connect site and an invitation code that you can use to join using a Windows Live ID account.

To provide feedback once the Windows Feedback Tool is installed:

1. Open the Send Feedback icon on the Start screen. (Note: Make sure you don’t delete the icon – once it’s deleted, it can’t be recovered.)

2. On the left side of the window, select the relevant area for your feedback. For example, if your feedback is about changing the background color, you would select “Appearance and Customization.”

3. On the right side, choose the issue that matches your feedback as closely as possible, and then click or tap Next.

4. Enter a title that describes your issue. For example, “Windows hangs during shutdown after installing updates.”

5. In the next field, describe step-by-step what you were doing when the issue occurred. This will help us reproduce the problem.

6. In the bottom field of the screen, provide as much additional detail as possible about the issue, and then click or tap Next.

7. Review the information being reported about your system. Add any files necessary to reproduce the issue and add a screenshot if the problem is still visible on your screen. Then, click or tap Send Report.

If you aren't able to use the tool but want to leave feedback on the issue you are experiencing, go to thread listed below and use the instructions from BillFill's post on Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:27 PM and use the Connect website to give feedback on this issue.  Bill's thread has a code to use on the Connect website.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/de1d67d8-bf19-493b-a143-f422e57b1b0f

Marilyn
    • Marked as answer by MrBruce406969 Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:56 PM
    Friday, September 23, 2011 2:53 AM
  • Thank you very much for all the replies and the information you have submitted to my question.

I have downloaded the windows feedback tool successfully and I will submit any issues I have through that tool.

Have a nice day.

Bruce.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:56 PM