none
Can't Install TFS eclipse plug-in on mac os 10.6.4 64bit

Question

• I have installed eclipse 3.6 (Eclipse IDE for Java Developers) on mac os x 10.6.4 64 bit.  After downloading the plug-in and attempting to add to software site (section "Install the Team Foundation Server plug-in for eclipse" of InstallTEE.htm) it gives me an error saying no repository found at jar:...[the file path]

I have tried both local and archive [zip] paths with no luck.  What am I missing to get this working?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 11:46 PM

Answers

• This is exactly the configuration I run (Eclipse 3.6 64-bit Cocoa on Snow Leopard 10.6.4) so it should work. 

Are you installing from the trial download or the MSDN or Volume License downloaded ISO image?

If it is the trial, then try re-downloading TFSEclipsePlugin-UpdateSiteArchive-10.0.0.zip.  Once downloaded Go to Help, Install New Software..., Add..., Archive... and then point it to the downloaded and unextracted TFSEclipsePlugin-UpdateSiteArchive-10.0.0.zip file.

Let me know how you get on.

Martin.

http://www.woodwardweb.com
    • Marked as answer by Nivek2525 Friday, August 13, 2010 8:22 PM
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:45 AM

All replies

• This is exactly the configuration I run (Eclipse 3.6 64-bit Cocoa on Snow Leopard 10.6.4) so it should work. 

Are you installing from the trial download or the MSDN or Volume License downloaded ISO image?

If it is the trial, then try re-downloading TFSEclipsePlugin-UpdateSiteArchive-10.0.0.zip.  Once downloaded Go to Help, Install New Software..., Add..., Archive... and then point it to the downloaded and unextracted TFSEclipsePlugin-UpdateSiteArchive-10.0.0.zip file.

Let me know how you get on.

Martin.

http://www.woodwardweb.com
    • Marked as answer by Nivek2525 Friday, August 13, 2010 8:22 PM
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 9:45 AM
  • I downloaded it from here and have tried re-downloading.  Also tried adding the zipped file as well as trying to add local and pointing to the extracted folder.

I noticed when the mac downloaded the file the .zip extension was removed so I downloaded it from my pc and then copied the zip file over.  Also tried adding the .zip extension to the downloaded mac file, but eclipse didn't seem to recognize it as a zip file.

Any other thoughts?

Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:51 PM
  • I was finally able to get this working.  I had to exit out of eclipse and restarted the OS.  After that I was able to walk through the instructions without issue.
    Friday, August 13, 2010 8:22 PM
  • I am having the same problem, but restarting did not help. Any other suggestions????
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 5:57 AM