none
dropdown not showing

Question

• Hi.  We run 2012 enterprise.  I just added a dataset that shows expected data in query designer.  I changed one of my params to "get values from a query", specified new ds, value field and label field.  But when I go to preview, param box stays blank with no down arrow and clears box if i manually enter a value and view report.  Any ideas?

The query does make a security decision based in suser and i'm wondering if suser isnt available when a dropdown runs.  It seems to work in the other dataset which generates data for the body of the report.

• Edited by DB042189 Thursday, February 06, 2014 5:16 PM more
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 5:09 PM

Answers

• i'm not sure how to explain this but rs readded my 2 source columns every time i clicked refresh fields in the dataset.  It created its own field names with underscores.  Not sure at this point if i had brackets around the field source names but apparently they arent needed even if there are blanks in the field source col names.  Maybe they interfered if i had them there.

Anyway, I let rs's choices remain and deleted my own "Fields" pairs of source and name.  Then went back to the parameter and tried "...from query" again and everything is fine.

• Marked as answer by DB042189 Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:11 PM
    Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:11 PM